People trends impact workforce management. Learn the seven people trends that affect this and top criteria for selecting a workforce management system.
Constellation Research reports on a study of workforce trends that are impacting enterprises’ approach to workforce management: having five generations in the workforce, increasing regulations, the battle for talent in a gig economy, the need for a variety of training options to meet generational needs, creating opportunities for work/life balance, using machine learning to create better schedules, and flexible compensation needs.
In evaluating vendors of modern workforce management solutions, Constellation Research suggests considering the following criteria:
- Choose a software-as-a-service (SaaS) workforce management provider that utilizes public cloud infrastructure (infrastructure as a service, known as IaaS), making sure the platform meets your organization’s IT needs
- Follow a bring-your-own-device smartphone strategy and choose a solution that includes consumer-grade features
- Ensure advanced scheduling functionality is included to meet employee and manager needs, including incorporating local data for aligning schedules to expected demand
- Adjust workforce capacity to meet demand by taking advantage of functionality that supports utilizing gig economy workers
- Select a solution that incorporates worker compensation requirements, which motivate workers and are important to better managing capacity and demand
- Create more efficient schedules using expanded data, including local demand data such as weather and traffic, product availability, logistics, and third-party information
- Understand a solution’s use of machine learning in automating routine and sophisticated tasks and how this will impact workforce management>
Download this informative report to learn more about what you need to consider when evaluating and selecting a modern workforce management solution