This is the fifth webinar in Human Resources Today's Payroll and Compliance series featuring thought leaders who create payroll and compliance strategies.
From #MeToo to the mid-terms, 2018 was a banner year for significant events and momentous societal movements that should make HR practitioners sit up and take notice. HR's role in protecting organizations as well as their human assets is a complicated but necessary business, particularly during tumultuous times.
Replay Ringing in the New Year: 10 Things HR Should Do Now to get familiar with the areas HR should focus on to help ensure your company is on the right track for 2019. Presented by Kirsten Goulde, SHRM-SCP, M.S., Principal, K. Goulde & Associates, the webinar will discuss:
- How to take your sexual-harassment prevention measures further by creating a culture of respectful behavior throughout the organization
- Bolstering gender equality through a thorough internal review of practices, from recruitment to pay and promotion
- Updating your social media policies and practices so they work to your company's advantage without running afoul of labor laws
- The possibility of increased employer I-9 audits, thanks to the renewed commitment of Homeland Security
- How multi-state employers must be prepared for possible state legislation changes in 2019