As a major regional healthcare resource with a deep commitment to medical education and research, Winthrop University Hospital needed an integrated workforce management solution that would optimize workforce productivity. Tedious manual processes were susceptible to error, and appropriately aligning staff with patient care needs was difficult with a mix of automated and manual scheduling processes. Additionally, employees were scheduled and paid for full shifts even if they arrived late or left early.
What Winthrop University Hospital needed was a solution that could:
- Correctly pay employees for time worked through integration with their HR and payroll systems
- Automatically align staff with patient care needs
- Provide a verifiable record of actual time worked to reduce labor costs
- Deliver fast access to data on nursing care hours per patient day
“Kronos really helps us meet our financial target while having the right people in the right place performing the right care.”
MA, RN, NEABC, administrator of nursing systems
An automated Kronos® workforce management solution with scheduling and timekeeping functionality that integrates with HR and payroll solutions optimizes workforce productivity, supports quality patient care, increases employee satisfaction, and improves compliance.
- Schedule thousands of employees across multiple business functions and locations
- Align the right employees with right skills at right time in the right location
- Track, manage, and control employee time and attendance to reduce payroll inflation and manual errors
- Minimize compliance risk by enforcing and tracking complex compliance requirements such as FLSA, ACA, and union rules
- Achieve the visibility and mobile capability your workforce needs to submit requests
- Use on the same sleek platform with the same familiar interface you love
The Kronos solution seamlessly brought together scheduling information with HR and payroll information to ensure that people were scheduled appropriately and paid correctly for their work. Aligning staff with patient care needs made both patients and staff happy, and helped reduce fatigue through the Kronos attestation module, ensuring that all nurses took their meal breaks. Adding the Kronos InTouch time clocks allowed the hospital to see exactly when employees arrive for work and when they leave, which helped reduce costs for nonexempt employees. Enhanced reporting from the Kronos solution delivered access to information quickly and helped support compliance requirements.