Serving a population of over 100,000 people, the South Portland Police Department needed a scheduling solution to provide quick and accurate insight into operations. Officers typically worked a lot of overtime, and the supervisor would have to call each officer individually until someone took the job. Paper processes were time-consuming and ineffective, and the department needed a solution that would fit all their complex scheduling and payroll needs.
What the South Portland Police Department needed was a solution that could:
- Accurately and seamlessly schedule employees
- Automate complex payroll requirements to achieve the perfect paycheck
- Manage compliance risks
- Deliver real-time employee data they could leverage to improve operations
"I believe in the product. I think that it’s been a good fit for our department. It’s been a tremendous work saver for us."
South Portland Police Department
Kronos helped the South Portland Police Department better manage their officers with seamless processes to improve scheduling, payroll, and productivity.
Kronos Workforce TeleStaff
- Optimize the scheduling, communications, and deployment of public safety personnel and other critical resources
- Minimize compliance risk with an automated scheduling solution that uses your unique scheduling rules and adheres to the necessary labor laws and union rules
- Improve workforce productivity with automated position, shift, and vacation bidding that frees supervisors’ time and improves employee satisfaction
With powerful scheduling and compliance tools from Workforce TeleStaff, the South Portland Police Department was able to gain greater insight into their complex workforce operations to schedule the right person with the right skills at the right time. With 24/7 anytime, anywhere access to employee data, the department was able to better manage and streamline their scheduling and payroll processes. With seamless integration, the department has found that they have saved a huge amount of time when compared to their previous paper processes.