With a workforce of 13,000 employees, SMS Holdings was challenged with streamlining timekeeping for its seven operating companies located in 43 states, as well as Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. Unique contract rules for each operating company, which could also vary per location, increased the complexity. This created an often time-consuming timekeeping task for managers, taking them away from customer support. SMS Holdings needed a solution that would allow managers to be actively engaged in customer support while also collecting accurate labor data to ensure proper payment of employees.
What SMS Holdings needed was a solution that could:
- Standardize timekeeping and payroll activities across all locations and operating companies
- Accurately capture critical labor data so managers could focus on customer service
- Manage complex timekeeping needs for multiple operations with unique contract rules
- Deliver real-time employee data that could be leveraged to improve operations
- Reduce compliance risks associated with overtime rules and state lunch and break regulations
“The largest benefit to our organization since we moved to Kronos is the turnaround time in our billing. Additionally, we have actionable information for the first time, ever. Now we can actually manage and track things like absences … tardiness. We can better plan how to utilize employees and those resources.”
Kronos® helped SMS Holdings standardize timekeeping, payroll, and compliance processes across multiple locations and operating companies.
- Track, manage, and accurately capture time and attendance data for all employees
- Streamline payroll processes to reduce errors and increase efficiencies
- Gain insight into approaching overtime to better control labor costs
- Store all employee data in a single, centralized database
- Manage multiple payroll requirements for job type, location, and classification
- Streamline payroll processing and minimize errors for timely, accurate paychecks
- Manage multiple pay rules across locations and job types
With powerful timekeeping, payroll, and compliance tools from Kronos, SMS Holdings was able to gain greater insight into their complex workforce and business operations. By creating greater efficiencies for managers, the organization was able to provide better service to customers. Real-time information and automated tools made it possible to reduce errors and better manage time keeping and payroll needs across multiple locations and operating companies. With easier access to the most current data, billing turnaround time was greatly reduced.