As one of the leading branded frozen-food companies in the world, Schwan's Global Supply Chain, Inc. ("Schwan's") needed a workforce management solution that could account for 15,000 employees across the globe. They lacked visibility into labor demand and scheduling, frequently over- or under-staffing production shifts — resulting in unnecessary expenses or productivity issues. Manual time-tracking was time consuming and sometimes resulted in inconsistent policy enforcement at each plant.
What Schwan's needed was a solution that could:
- Create a labor schedule that matched demand with employee skills
- Give an accurate view of labor costs for production orders with increased visibility
- Provide employees the ability to view their own schedules and improve employee satisfaction
"The reduction in time spent adjusting schedules has allowed our supervisors to get off the computer and back on the plant floor."
Manufacturing Systems Coordinator
A Kronos® automated workforce management solution that helps align labor to fluctuating demand for better control of labor costs and increased productivity.
- Track, manage, and control employee time and attendance to reduce payroll inflation and manual errors
- Minimize compliance risk by enforcing and tracking complex compliance requirements such as FLSA, ACA, and union rules
- Measure and analyze workforce performance to gain continuous visibility
- Track key performance indicators that impact your labor costs and productivity
- Schedule thousands of employees across multiple business functions and locations
- Align the right employees with right skills at right time in the right location
Schwan's added the Kronos Workforce Central® suite of automated workforce management solutions, integrating this with its ERP system. Approximately 6,000 employees — production-line workers, sanitation staff, and some shift leaders and supervisors — are on the Kronos solution. Greater visibility into production and workforce information enables the company to create demand-driven labor scheduling. With timely labor data, Schwan's is more effectively utilizing staff and has a better handle on production line costs. The overall result has been increased productivity and greater control of labor costs.