Rolling Hills Country Club in southern California had been using paper-based human capital management (HCM) processes for 12 years. Typically, managers each spent eight to ten hours during every biweekly payroll period reviewing timecards to ensure employees were paid correctly. Knowing their workforce was going to triple in size with the opening of a new facility, and with all HR and payroll responsibilities being managed by one HR director, it was time to get serious about going paperless with a unified HCM solution. Complex California meal and rest break rules also had to be followed.
Rolling Hills Country Club needed a solution that could:
- Provide paperless HR processes for faster recruiting, hiring, and onboarding of new employees
- Deliver timekeeping functionality that would ensure continued compliance with California meal and rest break laws
- Provide mobile functionality with geofencing so employees working away from timeclocks can record their break time
- Offer real-time visibility into employee time to enable managers to better control overtime
- Deliver robust customizable reporting for improved human capital management
"The overtime report has been really big. If you don't have the right reporting, especially with overtime, it tends to quickly and quietly get out of control. We've seen a 10 to 15 percent reduction in overtime since we started tracking it better with Kronos."
Director of HR
Rolling Hills Country Club implemented a Kronos® human capital management solution with integrated HR, timekeeping, and payroll functionality to create a paperless HR process, streamline hiring and onboarding, better manage labor costs, and help ensure compliance with all federal and state labor laws.
Kronos Workforce Ready HR
- Increase efficiency with paperless and streamlined HR processes and self-service tools that ease administering benefits, onboarding, and managing employee information
- Improve administrative accuracy by reducing errors and ensuring consistency with a single system for all employee records and HR functions
- Allow for on-demand, mobile-friendly access to schedules, accrual balances, and pay statements at any time and location
- Engage in proactive compliance with changing labor laws and regulations, such as the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and the Affordable Care Act (ACA)
Kronos Workforce Ready Time Keeping
- Streamline time tracking with automated collection of time and attendance information and conversion of worked hours to payroll
- Apply user-defined pay and work rules to help improve payroll accuracy and reduce compliance risk
- Improve employee engagement through real-time access to time and attendance and accrual information
Kronos Workforce Ready Payroll
- Maintain complete control of payroll at every step of the process
- Get up-to-the-minute payroll information and insight exactly when it's needed
- Manage payroll complexity with ease and deliver timely, accurate payments to employees with every payroll
- Minimize legislative and tax compliance risk with access to all the information required to complete and file taxes
Rolling Hills Country Club was able to meet its recruiting goals in time for the successful opening of its new location. Hiring has been streamlined with the new online application that provides visibility and a single-source of truth. Managers are empowered to coordinate on the recruitment and onboarding of new hires with the HR director, eliminating one week in processing time for every new hire. The country club's operation managers each spend about 30 minutes reviewing employee time, allowing the payroll processor to complete her final review in one day. Robust reports on key performance indicators such as weekly hours, overtime, and meal penalties give managers visibility into the data they need to better manage employees and labor costs. Overtime has decreased 10 to 15 percent, and tracking compliance with California meal and rest break laws has become easier with additional reporting and analytics.