One of the world's largest power sports manufacturing companies, Polaris is based in Medina, Minnesota, and has five manufacturing facilities in the U.S. and locations in Poland and Mexico. The company had been using an outdated homegrown time and attendance system that required heavy information services (IS) staff involvement and provided no global view of workforce data at its facilities and acquired companies. Manual processes required significant time to audit and validate workforce information. Employees submitted paper time-off requests, which supervisors sometimes didn't get into the system in time for payroll.
What Polaris needed was a solution that could:
- Automate and streamline all workforce management processes while reducing demands on busy IS staff
- Provide real-time visibility into detailed workforce data by location and across the organization
- Eliminate potential buddy punching and improve oversight of employee attendance and absences
- Reduce staff time needed to ensure all federal, state, and local labor laws and regulations are met
"When we brought in Kronos, there was a huge time savings for supervisors and payroll staff with the system. We're able to streamline auditing workforce information and get that global payroll rollup that we wanted to see for each of our facilities."
Kronos System Administrator
Polaris wanted a cutting-edge workforce management solution that wouldn't further tax its already time-strapped IS staff and selected a Kronos® cloud solution. The manufacturer of motorcycles, snowmobiles, all-terrain and other vehicles is using the solution to improve productivity, better control labor costs, and reduce staff time spent auditing workforce information.
- Track and manage employee time and attendance to reduce payroll and leave inflation and manual errors
- Gain insight into approaching overtime to better control labor costs
- Deploy solution where needed globally while meeting the multi-language needs of multinational organizations
Workforce Absence Manager
- Identify workers with attendance issues to improve workforce productivity
- Gain visibility into trends and patterns with on-demand reporting to control absence costs
- Get complete automation and enforcement of absence-related policies
- Verify employee identity and eliminate potential buddy punching with biometric identification of employees
- Provide a consistent time-tracking experience in multiple languages
- Highlight when employees are working outside their scheduled hours
- Provide employee self-service access to scheduled hours and time-off balances at the terminal and free managers for higher-level activities
- Remotely monitor employee time and attendance information through cloud-based technology
Distribution center employees punch in at biometric terminals, while manufacturing employees swipe their badges at terminals close to their work stations, which supports Polaris's tight rounding rules. At a terminal, employees can view their accrual balances, request time off, and see when their supervisor has approved their request, with time off automatically entered on their timecard. The points-based attendance program configured in the solution notifies an employee's supervisor and HR when corrective action is needed. Conversations with offending employees take place far sooner now. Ensuring labor regulations are followed has been streamlined with the solution's automated, highly visible audit trail of adjusted punches and payroll activity.