Based in Salt Lake City, Utah, Mountain America Credit Union (MACU) serves the financial needs of its 832,000 members at more than 90 locations in Utah, Idaho, Nevada, Arizona, and New Mexico. Member traffic at the credit union's branches could be heavy at certain times, and wait times could be long for members seeking assistance with new accounts, credit cards, loans, wealth management, and business banking services. Branch wait times were frustrating for both members and employees, and member calls to MACU's service center required a branch associate to call a member back to schedule an appointment, an inefficient process. In response to members asking about scheduling branch appointments online, like they could with other service providers, MACU explored solution options.
What MACU needed was a solution that could:
- Provide online appointment-setting technology to reduce or eliminate member wait times to meet with a branch associate
- Automatically text and email members with reminders about their scheduled appointments
- Enable associates to easily see their scheduled appointments so they can prepare to meet members' financial needs and better plan their workday
- Increase the number of members served while enhancing their satisfaction and, consequently, branch sales opportunities
"We want to work with our members in the way they want to work with us, and interacting digitally, both in terms of transactions and appointment scheduling, was part of this. We thought this would be a great addition to our online and mobile offerings."
VP Wealth Management & Business Services
To reduce branch congestion and better meet members' financial service needs, MACU implemented a Kronos® online appointment setting solution to align employee availability with member requests for service — with a goal of improving convenience and satisfaction for members and, consequently, branch sales opportunities.
Kronos FMSI Appointment Concierge
- Drive traffic to branch locations with appointment scheduling that makes it easy for members to visit a branch
- Eliminate wait times for members with appointments, helping to reduce lobby wait times and abandon rates
- Increase employee efficiency by scheduling the right staff at the right times to meet member demand and deliver optimal service levels
- Track and manage employee time and attendance to reduce payroll and leave inflation and manual errors
- Gain insight into approaching overtime to better control labor costs
- Minimize compliance risk by enforcing and tracking complex compliance requirements
- Gain a single view of reliable workforce data and access comprehensive reports for informed decision making
- Manage in the moment with visibility into real-time performance information that helps you see and understand labor issues
- Audit workforce data to see similar patterns across the organization and pursue opportunities for improvement
MACU's branch traffic is now more consistently spread throughout the day, which has increased member and employee satisfaction. Members go online, sometimes in the middle of the night, to schedule appointments during branch hours. Based on the appointment category selected and a member's comments, branch associates can prepare to meet the member's needs and more effectively schedule their day. Members making appointments encounter no wait times, and associates are better prepared to serve and connect with members using the detailed information provided in Kronos FMSI Appointment Concierge. A daily location summary shows managers every appointment by branch. Initially, around 200 appointments were scheduled monthly; within a year this grew to 1,000, even with minimal marketing of the service. Appointments for mortgages, one of the highest revenue-producing products, have grown from 80 a month initially to 200 a month. Online appointment setting is providing great convenience and flexibility for its members and is helping MACU manage tremendous recent growth.