At the three elementary schools, middle school, and high school that are part of Monticello Independent Schools in Minnesota, nonexempt employees — food service, custodial, paraprofessionals, secretarial, and child care assistants — used an electronic timekeeping solution that wasn't compatible with the district's automated ReadySub solution. The district also wasn't able to pull extra-duty time from the timekeeping solution and had to manually enter this extra time from paper timesheets, a time-consuming process. With overtime also tracked on paper, administrators had questions about whether overtime was being accurately reported and paid correctly.
Monticello Independent Schools needed a solution that could:
- Seamlessly interface with its ReadySub solution to track nonexempt employees' leave time, whether they needed a sub or not
- Easily track nonexempt employees' regular time and extra-duty time
- Accurately track employees' actual overtime to ensure they are paid correctly
- Enable employees to use a mobile app to punch in and out on site and for offsite activities
"Kronos is built how we need it, so we didn't have to figure out how to fit into time and attendance. We were blown away by how customizable it is, the changes we could make, and the different ways we could make it fit our needs."
Monticello Independent Schools chose the Kronos Workforce Ready® Time for School solution to automate tracking time and attendance and accrued time of nonexempt employees for improved productivity, labor-cost control, and compliance. The solution interfaces with ReadySub, which simplifies managing employee absences and substitute assignments.
Kronos Workforce Ready Time Keeping
- Streamline time tracking with automated collection of time and attendance information and conversion of worked hours to payroll
- Apply user-defined pay and work rules to help improve payroll accuracy and reduce compliance risk
- Improve employee engagement through real-time access to time and attendance and accrual information
Kronos Workforce Ready Accruals
- Calculate and track accruals based on an organization's policies and automatically enforce policies consistently to mitigate compliance risk
- Get immediate access to accrual balances for submitting or approving time-off requests
- See the amount of time earned, taken, scheduled, and remaining for all paid-time-off categories
Kronos Workforce Ready Mobile
- Achieve the visibility and mobile capability the workforce needs to clock in and out using GPS coordinates, change cost centers, and complete labor transfers
- Submit timesheets and time-off requests and view schedules, accrual balances, and pay statements at any time and location
- Remotely approve time-off and leave requests, approve timesheets, and view workforce reports from anywhere
Although a time clock is set up in each building, most nonexempt employees use the Kronos mobile app to clock in and out. The easily configurable Kronos solution seamlessly integrates with ReadySub, enabling these employees to input their leave time into ReadySub and select whether they need a sub. Subs quickly receive a text message through ReadySub when their services are needed. An employee's absence information is sent to the Kronos solution, which also automatically applies nightshift differentials and predetermined custodial time for weekend building checks. Nonexempt employees completing extra activities, such as taking tickets at sporting events, punch in on the mobile app in the activity's cost center for this time. Overtime is now automatically tracked and calculated, streamlining the process, increasing efficiency and compliance, and ensuring labor costs are accurately reported.