As the largest employer on the Vegas strip, with over 62,000 employees in the U.S. alone, MGM Resorts needed a workforce management solution that could provide valuable insight into operations and compliance. But perhaps more importantly they needed a solution that would serve their complex scheduling and payroll needs across all functions and locations of their business — from gaming and hospitality, to retail and food and beverage.
What MGM needed was a solution that could:
- Deliver real-time employee data they could leverage to improve operations
- Accurately schedule thousands of employees across multiple locations
- Automate complex payroll requirements to achieve the perfect paycheck
- Manage compliance risks associated with union regulations, tip payment rules, and Gaming Control Board licensing and regulations
“Getting visibility into the workforce is probably the most powerful thing that we can get [with Kronos]. The 24/7 access managers have to employee data really gives them the greatest opportunity to make sure they have the right people, doing the right job, at the right time.”
VP of Finance Shared Services
Kronos® helped MGM Resorts better manage their complex workforce with real-time data and tools to improve scheduling, payroll, and compliance.
- Schedule thousands of employees across multiple business functions and locations
- Align the right employees with right skills at right time in the right location
- Manage multiple payroll requirements for job type, location, and classification
- Manage 38,000 pay rules to comply with union bargaining agreements
- Manage union regulations with 55 bargaining agreements
- Apply compliance rules for fair payment of employee tips
- Comply with Gaming Control Board regulations
With powerful scheduling, payroll, and compliance tools from Kronos, MGM Resorts was able to gain greater insight into their complex workforce and business operations to schedule the right person with the right skills at the right time. With 24/7 anytime, anywhere access to employee data, the organization was able to better serve employees — in turn, providing better service to guests. Real-time information and automated payroll tools made it possible to reduce errors and deliver the perfect paycheck. Compliance risk was greatly reduced with automated alerts to better manage union rules and requirements, license renewals, and tip policies.