Mammoth Mountain Ski Area, LLC owns and operates a variety of resort businesses including recreation, hospitality, real estate development, food and beverage, and retail. The size of its workforce fluctuates, growing from 800 employees in the summer months to approximately 2,500 full-time, part-time, and seasonal workers during the winter ski season. Managers couldn’t access employee information on their own, and payroll frequently encountered last-minute hiccups. And reporting was a constant bottleneck.
What Mammoth Mountain needed was a solution that could:
- Integrate disparate systems for timekeeping, payroll, and HR
- Streamline hiring, tracking, and paying full-time, part-time, and seasonal employees
- Provide managers access to employee data such as time cards, time-off requests, leave balances, and overtime
“With our previous systems, it was time-consuming to bring all the timekeeping data into the payroll system. [With Kronos] it’s fast and easy. Our work week ends on Friday and on Monday we can start payroll for 2,500 people with the push of a button.”
ERP and Database Administrator
Kronos Workforce Ready® helped Mammoth Mountain Ski Area control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity with a single, fully integrated solution that works for all employees — full-time, part-time, and seasonal.
Workforce Ready Time Keeping
- Capture accurate time and attendance data for all employees
- Track approaching overtime to better control labor costs
Workforce Ready ACA Manager™ and Leave Manager
- Proactively manage complex Affordable Care Act compliance requirements
- Enforce and track multiple types of employee leave, including FMLA and California leave laws
- Automatically track leave entitlement, type, and duration based on individual employee case data
Workforce Ready Payroll and HR
- Streamline payroll processing and minimize errors for timely, accurate paychecks
- Store all employee data in a single, centralized database and access critical information via mobile devices
With one integrated solution from Kronos®, Mammoth Mountain Ski Area was able to provide managers with employee data at their fingertips. They can even access critical information via their mobile devices. Automated payroll processing helped save time and reduce errors for the company and its complex workforce mix that includes full-time, part-time, and seasonal employees. Plus, automated leave and ACA management tools helped enforce and track different types of employee entitlements and requirements to minimize compliance risk.