Kalamazoo Anesthesiology, P.C., schedules physicians and CRNAs to provide anesthesiology services at locations across southwest Michigan and has additional support staff. Scheduling medical staff for daily assignments and call shifts at multiple locations was challenging, as was tracking staff certifications and meeting the group’s complex pay rules. Salaried medical providers receive additional hourly pay depending on when or where they work. Other special pay types include guaranteed minimums, hourly rates that depend on the type of case, and pay for travel between locations.
What Kalamazoo Anesthesiology needed was a solution that could:
- Equitably schedule medical providers for regular and call shifts at multiple locations
- Offer a mobile solution to enable providers to remotely check their schedules
- Accurately track each provider’s time spent working beyond regular and call shifts
- Correctly apply complex pay rules to ensure accurate paychecks
- Track each provider’s credentialing status and license and certification expiration dates
“I’ve being doing this a long time and I’ve used lots of different programs over the years, and Workforce Ready is the best product I’ve ever used.”
Using a Kronos® human capital management solution, Kalamazoo Anesthesiology has streamlined scheduling, timekeeping, and HR tasks and is better able to manage labor costs, mitigate compliance risk, and enhance employee engagement. All staff members, including medical providers, punch in and out at a terminal or on a mobile device to track their time and location.
Workforce Ready HR
- Boost employee productivity and engagement by effectively hiring, managing, developing, and retaining best-fit employees
- Increase efficiency with paperless and streamlined HR processes and self-service tools that ease administering benefits, onboarding, and managing employee information
- Improve administrative accuracy by reducing errors and ensuring consistency with a single system for all employee records and HR functions
- Engage in proactive compliance with changing labor laws and regulations, such as the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and the Affordable Care Act (ACA)
Workforce Ready Time Keeping
- Streamline time tracking with automated collection of time and attendance information and conversion of worked hours to payroll
- Apply user-defined pay and work rules to help improve payroll accuracy and reduce compliance risk
- Gain insight into approaching overtime to better manage labor costs
- Improve employee engagement through real-time access to time and attendance and accrual information
- Create equitable on-call, assignment, and rotation schedules across multiple locations
- Ensure medical staff with the right skills are at the right locations at the right times
- Provide staff with visibility into the latest schedules, call assignments, and next-day cases
- Optimize work-life balance, reducing staff burnout and fatigue
Automated scheduling ensures fair and equitable daily and call assignments for Kalamazoo Anesthesiology providers—and that those with the right skills are in the right locations at the right times. With providers working at multiple locations, they find the mobile app critical to remotely checking their schedules and assignments. They also can access all of their information — pay, credentials, benefits — in the unified solution 24/7. When provider licenses and certifications are about to expire, the solution sends an alert. It also integrates scheduling and timekeeping information to automatically calculate the organization’s complex pay rules, saving significant staff time and ensuring accurate paychecks. Comparing the data to billing hours also provides insight into profitability by location.