JMA Outreach Solutions, based in Sterling Heights, Michigan, builds outreach plans that connect lenders with borrowers through telephone and in-person engagement to resolve borrowing issues. The company was using a professional employer organization (PEO) for human capital management services of its 600 employees, many of whom are part-time. But JMA found the PEO expensive, had limited quality control of compliance, and lacked oversight of payroll and HR processes. The PEO’s user interface also was outdated and uninspiring for JMA’s employees, and the solution provided little visibility into employee information.
What JMA needed was a solution that could:
- Streamline applicant tracking, onboarding of new hires, and other HR processes
- Provide employees with a modern user experience with the company’s HR system
- Deliver insight on and control of the payroll process from start to finish
- Provide real-time visibility into and reporting on the status of all customer accounts
- Improve quality control of compliance efforts to mitigate compliance risk
“Kronos Workforce Ready has all the creature comforts, leading to a much better user experience from both a manager and frontline employee’s perspective. Best of all, I now do everything our PEO [professional employer organization] used to do with just myself and the power of Kronos — and at a much lower cost.”
Field Agent Analyst
JMA Outreach Solutions
Using the Kronos Workforce Ready® suite of solutions, JMA has improved human capital management processes, gained visibility into real-time labor information related to individual customer accounts to better manage labor costs, improved employee engagement, and mitigated compliance issues.
Workforce Ready Payroll
- Automate and streamline the payroll process and reduce payroll processing time with configurable checklists and fast access to reports and data
- Deliver perfect paychecks every payroll and ensure accuracy of employee withholdings with automated tax table updates
- Empower employees with self-service capabilities for viewing pay statements and submitting direct deposit information
Workforce Ready HR
- Boost employee productivity and engagement by effectively hiring, managing, developing, and retaining best-fit employees
- Increase efficiency with paperless and streamlined HR processes and self-service tools that ease administering benefits, onboarding, and managing employee information
- Improve administrative accuracy by reducing errors and ensuring consistency with a single system for all employee records and HR functions
- Engage in proactive compliance with changing labor laws and regulations, such as the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and the Affordable Care Act (ACA)
Leveraging the power of its Kronos solution, JMA achieves more with less. Switching from the PEO to Kronos saved JMA a considerable amount in the first year for human capital management activities that one JMA employee can now handle. JMA has complete oversight of the payroll process and confidence that employees are receiving perfect paychecks, decreasing compliance concerns. The company also has insight into its local municipality accounts, anywhere in the country, and can run reports to check on the status of accounts. The year-end W2 creation and distribution process is now automated in-house, saving time and money. And with the Kronos solution’s user-friendly interface, employees can easily see their paystubs and other employment information in the solution, increasing their engagement.