Hoyt Archery produces high-performance bows for Olympic archery competitors, bow hunters, and target archers. Located in Salt Lake City, Utah, and with customers in 40 countries, the company found its manual human capital management processes inefficient and time-consuming. Tedious paper-based HR tasks — from recruiting and hiring to benefits management and performance reviews — stifled employee engagement. Manual scheduling and tracking of time-off requests, and no real-time visibility into employee data, hindered managers in making timely workforce management decisions.
What Hoyt Archer needed was a solution that could:
- Automate and simplify human capital management, from recruiting, hiring, and benefits administration to performance management and compensation reviews
- Provide access to real-time labor data in a single location for extensive reporting and informed decision making
- Deliver visibility into employee time for schedule adjustments to meet seasonal production needs while minimizing overtime costs
- Automate the time-off request and approval process so employees can easily make a request and see its status, increasing transparency and satisfaction
“Workforce Ready does administrative tasks for me so I have more time and energy to focus on employee engagement, strategic planning, and in building this employee-employer brand that makes people want to work for Hoyt Archery.”
- Using a cloud-based Kronos® Workforce Ready® solution, Hoyt Archery has streamlined human capital management processes and has gained visibility into real-time data to increase productivity, better manage labor costs, improve employee engagement, and mitigate compliance issues.
Workforce Ready HR
- Source, track, and evaluate best-fit talent and deliver a positive, consistent applicant experience
- Optimize employee satisfaction and engagement with simplified benefits administration, and streamlined performance management
- Make better informed HR decisions by having all employee details (e.g., leave needs, payroll, and benefits) all in one location
Workforce Ready Time Keeping & Payroll
- Streamline time tracking with automated collection of time and attendance information and conversion of worked hours to payroll
- Apply user-defined pay and work rules to help improve payroll accuracy and reduce compliance risk
- Gain insight into approaching overtime to better manage labor costs
- Improve employee engagement through real-time access to time and attendance and accrual information
Facing competition for qualified staff, Hoyt Archery is utilizing Workforce Ready to help the company recruit, hire, engage, and retain best-fit employees. Employees use the intuitive solution’s self-service tools — at timeclocks or on their mobile devices — to view their schedules, time cards, and accrual balances; request time off and check approval status; update personal information; and make open enrollment selections. With all employee information in a single, automated solution, managers and HR staff have fast, easy access to workforce data and extensive reporting. Visibility into real-time data enables managers to adjust schedules to avoid overtime or ramp up to meet seasonal production demand.