Focused on eliminating unemployment, Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona employs people at its retail stores and provides janitorial, maintenance, and landscaping staff to hundreds of organizations. Goodwill managers struggled to correct employees’ missed punches and make historical edits in an undersized system. Limited pay codes didn’t reflect the range of positions that some employees worked. Employee data and accrual balances weren’t always accurate, and limited reporting didn’t meet the needs of managers and HR staff.
What Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona needed was a solution that could:
- Show employees’ missed punches and easily allow corrections
- Provide accurate employee data, including real-time accrual balances
- Enable unlimited pay codes to track employee time worked at a number of positions
- Generate real-time reports to help managers track overtime and payroll to stay within budget
“The Kronos solution is clear and intuitive. Employee data is correct. We can run reports and track anything with pay codes. Data flows more accurately than previously.”
Jessica Sample, PHR, SHRM-CP
Manager of HRIS and Support Services
Using a cloud-based Kronos® solution, Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona has streamlined human capital management processes and has gained visibility into real-time data to increase productivity, better manage labor costs, improve employee engagement, support informed decisions, and mitigate compliance issues.
- Enter employee data in a single, integrated system, reducing errors and eliminating data entry in multiple systems
- Consistently apply rules, policies, and regulations — including FLSA and FMLA regulations — backed up by a detailed audit trail
- Empower and engage employees and managers with mobile access to review timecards, pay information, schedules, accrued time, and benefits — and to make and approve requests
- Increase productivity and free up HR staff time for high-level tasks
- Track and manage employee time and attendance to reduce payroll and leave inflation and manual errors
- Gain insight into approaching overtime to better control labor costs
- Minimize compliance risk by enforcing and tracking complex compliance requirements
- Consistently apply time-off rules, including sick, vacation, and personal time
- Accurately track and view real-time accrual balances to eliminate taking of unearned time off
- Oversee and manage costs of accrued time and quickly report on leave time liability
With the Kronos solution, automated HR processes have virtually eliminated paper submissions, saving time, improving compliance, and increasing satisfaction. Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona managers can easily correct employees’ missed punches and make historical edits. With unlimited pay codes used to track employee time at an array of positions, organizations that engage these services are accurately billed and employees performing them are correctly paid. Real-time reporting helps managers better control labor costs to stay within budget. Accurate accrual balances posted in the solution help ensure that employees take only accrued time earned, and accrual payout information is easily tracked.