The GN ReSound Group, one of the world’s largest providers of hearing instruments and diagnostic audiological instrumentation, was bogged down by time-consuming and inefficient processes, prone to misinterpretation and payroll errors. Tabulating each product’s labor costs was long and tedious without easy access to detailed workforce data, and manual processes created questions about accurate job tracking. The GN ReSound Group needed a solution that would give them better control over their resources and eliminate the added time used for manual tracking.
What GN ReSound needed was a solution that could:
- Compare accurate production labor costs by location for cost-effective production decisions
- Maintain efficient staffing levels through overtime tracking and alerts
- Measure new product development and training costs
- Ensure time spent on each production line or task was accurately tracked
“We look at this [Kronos] information to ensure we’re meeting our efficiency levels…to see if a particular line made its expected efficiency for the day, week, or month.”
Director of Manufacturing
An automated Kronos® workforce management solution with easy access to labor data for better control of operational expenses, improved compliance, and increased productivity.
- Track, manage, and control employee time and attendance to reduce payroll inflation and manual errors
- Minimize compliance risk by enforcing and tracking complex compliance requirements such as FLSA, ACA, and union rules
Kronos 4500 badge terminals
- Minimize data entry errors and enforce pay and attendance policies at the time of the punch
- Improve workforce productivity by giving employees self-service access to information like scheduled hours and time-off balances — freeing managers to work on higher-level activities
By moving to an automated Kronos workforce management solution, GN ReSound has improved efficiencies and can accurately project and track labor costs for each of their product lines. With production facilities in the U.S., China, and other global locations, the company is using this insight to determine the most cost-effective production practices. They were also able to validate labor costs by modifying the system to accurately track actual time worked, and their Kronos system validates whether they’re under, over, or on target with their staffing needs, making it easy to request additional labor if needed.