As one of the nation's top general contractors, Crossland Construction employs 1,000 workers performing in 41 states. The company needed a more robust solution to support its unique needs as a construction-specific organization that was looking to streamline workforce management processes. It was important to find a solution that paid employees accurately, as site superintendents often forgot to manually track employee time, causing inevitable pay accuracy issues.
What Crossland Construction needed was a solution that could:
- Track employee time automatically to ensure accurate pay for all employees
- Reduce payroll processing time to give employees quick access to funds
- Eliminate unnecessary labor costs associated with rounding up hours and inaccurate pay
"Our company owner estimates we saved $850,000 in the first year with our Kronos solution."
An automated Kronos workforce manage solution with easy access to timekeeping data for better control of labor costs, improved compliance, and increased productivity.
- Track, manage, and control employee time and attendance to reduce payroll inflation and manual errors
- Minimize compliance risk by enforcing and tracking complex compliance requirements such as FLSA, ACA, and union rules
Kronos 4500 Touch ID terminals
- Minimize data entry errors and enforce pay and attendance policies at the time of the punch
- Improve workforce productivity by giving employees self-service access to information like scheduled hours and time-off balances — freeing managers to work on higher-level activities
With powerful workforce management tools from Kronos, Crossland Construction was able to reduce compliance risk, decrease payroll processing time to increase productivity, and gain better control over labor costs. They found that the Kronos solution helped them achieve their three goals: provide accurate timekeeping, automate timekeeping with their payroll system, and be easy for workers to use. With Kronos, employees were more confident that their time and pay were accurate, and automated timekeeping as well as streamlined payroll processing delivered significant savings in labor costs.