The California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) struggled to find real-time labor data, making it difficult to achieve efficient workforce management. Using disparate legacy systems and manual processes, HR staff at each institution spent days calculating staff overtime. Applying business rules consistently across the enterprise was challenging. CDCR needed greater accountability of staffing, posts, overtime costs, and leave usage from a system that could automate employee staffing and communications.
What CDCR needed was a solution that could:
- Eliminate scheduling inefficiencies and optimize the workforce through real-time data and reporting
- Ensure compliance with union and department rules through uniform scheduling
- Improve leave management and reduce leave-time accounts receivable
“Kronos TeleStaff allows us to maximize the effectiveness of our workforce. This enterprise solution gives us real-time data on individual institutions statewide and analysis on it.”
Director, Enterprise Information Services
Kronos® Workforce TeleStaff™ automates employee staffing and communications, helps control labor costs, and minimizes compliance risk.
- Optimize the scheduling, communications, and deployment of public safety personnel and other critical resources
- Minimize compliance risk with an automated scheduling solution that uses your unique scheduling rules and adheres to the necessary labor laws and union rules
- Improve workforce productivity with automated position, shift, and vacation bidding that frees supervisors’ time and improves employee satisfaction
Through integration, over 700 CDCR and CCHCS scheduling staff use Kronos TeleStaff to pass assignment schedules and payroll data to SAP, which accurately captures scheduling data, processes time, and calculates overtime. CDCR has seen scheduling uniformity, consistent application of rules, and better overtime and leave management, data sharing, and payroll accuracy. Decision makers have real-time visibility into the disposition of CDCR’s 35,000 posted custody and nursing staff.