American Fidelity Assurance, an insurance company that provides specialized benefits recommendations to the education, public sector, automotive, and healthcare industries, used a workforce management solution without customizable or dynamic reporting. Missed punches and short-hour situations were difficult to spot before payroll processing for its 2,000 employees. Without real-time visibility into employee time or good reporting, managers often were surprised by the overtime amounts on employee paychecks and struggled to stay within budget. Managers also had no automated way of seeing time-off requests, and pending requests could cause overtime. Without accurate labor information, budgeting was challenging. In addition, audit reports required manually checking employee timesheets and pay types, a time-consuming process.
What the American Fidelity Assurance needed was a solution that could:
- Deliver ongoing reports to payroll staff on missed punches, short hours, employee leave requests, and paid volunteer time
- Provide managers with timely reports on missed punches, below-hour thresholds, potential overtime situations, and outstanding time-off requests
- Reduce manual punch errors to streamline payroll processing and create a more perfect payroll
- Provide real-time visibility into workforce information to help managers better manage employees and control overtime costs
"The Kronos dynamic reporting has significantly reduced our process towards more accurate time and attendance data collection, making it easier for our executives to budget and for us to process a perfect payroll faster."
Senior HRIS Analyst
American Fidelity Assurance implemented a Kronos® human capital management solution to access real-time workforce data and robust reporting to better manage labor costs, increase productivity, improve compliance, and enhance employee engagement.
Kronos Workforce Ready Time Keeping
- Streamline time tracking with automated collection of time and attendance information and conversion of worked hours to payroll
- Apply user-defined pay and work rules to help improve payroll accuracy and reduce compliance risk
- Improve employee engagement through real-time access to time and attendance and accrual information
Kronos Workforce Ready Accruals
- Calculate and track accruals based on an organization's policies and automatically enforce policies consistently to mitigate compliance risk
- Get immediate access to accrual balances for submitting or approving time-off requests
- See the amount of time earned, taken, scheduled, and remaining for all paid-time-off categories
Kronos Workforce Ready Leave Manager
- Automate the administration and tracking of paid and unpaid leave to maintain accurate balances, prevent unauthorized time off , and control absence costs
- Apply leave of absence policies accurately and consistently to minimize employee grievances and the risk of costly litigation
- Improve employee morale with self-service tools employees can use to view their leave eligibility and requests and track their balances
The Kronos Workforce Ready® solution delivers numerous automated reports with real-time, actionable information. The payroll department receives a missed-punches report, enabling missed punches to be corrected before payroll day. Payroll information also is available a half day earlier than before. Managers receive a below 40-hour report (a below 10-hour report in California and Colorado), so they are aware of short-hours situations before payroll processing. They also are sent reports on outstanding time-off requests and pending time-off approvals, so they can handle these situations before payroll day. Having this information at their fingertips has enabled them to more effectively manage their employees and decrease overtime costs. The result is a perfect payroll, accurate paychecks, and overall better workforce management, which pleases employees, payroll staff, and company executives.