The next major release of the Workforce Dimensions™ suite from Kronos® is expected in October, and with it will come a wide range of new features, enhancements, reports, Dataviews, products, integrations, APIs, and maintenance improvements — all designed to optimize your user experience.
You might be wondering why I’m sharing this news in the middle of summer. Well, even though the release is not available for a few more months, it is almost time to request your access to a preview tenant. Perhaps you have already requested a preview tenant with a prior release or maybe this is the first time you’ve heard about it. Either way, this article is for you.
Workforce Dimensions preview tenant
All current Workforce Dimensions customers, including those going through implementation, can request to receive an additional and temporary preview tenant. The purpose of the preview tenant is to help you prepare for the next major release. You can access this temporary tenant for up to two months in advance of the next major release. With Workforce Dimensions R7 right around the corner, the preview tenant offers you an opportunity to get a jump on the new enhancements for a successful transition when they are released to production for general availability.
Here are a few reasons to take advantage of the Workforce Dimensions preview tenant:
- Explore and learn about new features and functionality in the upcoming Workforce Dimensions major release
- Get hands-on configuration and end-user practice using your own data
- Test and troubleshoot any new functionality prior to deploying in your production environment
- Prepare for your internal change management and training strategies through being informed by your experience with your preview tenant
How it works
The first thing to know about the preview tenant is that it’s built using a copy of your most recent production (or nonproduction) configuration so the experience is unique to your organization. Once your preview tenant is ready, Kronos will deliver instructions for accessing your preview tenant to the person who originally submitted the request. From there, you can test and use the preview tenant as you please! Even better, whatever testing, configurations, and exploration you do in the preview tenant will not affect your existing production and development configurations because this tenant resides on an environment external to one you rely on for your day-to-day operations — so there’s no risk to you! And finally, after you make full use of your preview tenant, Kronos automatically deactivates your additional tenant approximately two to three weeks after the official release is pushed to your production and development tenants.
- Sign up for announcement email notifications through your Workforce Dimensions Trust Site. Doing so ensures that you automatically receive a communication informing you about the upcoming availability of the preview tenant, which is sent approximately 90 days in advance of the official R7 release date. Important Note: Opting in to receive announcements from your Trust Site also means you’ll receive helpful reminders about when you can expect your temporary preview tenant to be deactivated.
- Upon notification from the Trust Site that it’s time to request a preview tenant, a Workforce Dimensions administrator at your organization can submit a request, or you can engage with your customer success manager to submit a request on your behalf. Important Note: Requests for preview tenants are submitted as support cases through Kronos Community. Please title your case “WFD Preview Tenant” and specify in the case notes whether you’d like Kronos to use a copy of your production or nonproduction data when building your preview tenant.
- Depending on the timing of your request, you will receive instructions for accessing your preview tenant approximately 60 days in advance of the upcoming release. However, the timeframe for access to your preview tenant for the upcoming R7 release will be less than 60 days as a result of the impact of COVID-19. Important Note: You are not limited in the number of internal users who can access your preview tenant; you have the power to decide that yourself.
- Learn more about the preview experience and how to request a tenant, and find answers to frequently asked questions, by visiting the Preview Access and How to Request a Preview Tenant knowledge article in Kronos Community.
Other important resources
The Workforce Dimensions Release Readiness page in Kronos Community is your go-to resource for all information related to making the most of your preview tenant. There, you will find Release Highlights, Preview Release Notes, and Preview Training (which includes configuration instructions), as well as important dates about access to your preview tenant. It’s also important to note that all new features within your preview tenant will be delivered to you turned off, so viewing the available Preview Training tutorials will be a must-see in order to learn how to enable them.
In summary, the preview experience is all about making sure that you’re prepared for the upcoming release. I also recommend reading Five Tips to Get Ready for the Latest Release of Workforce Dimensions for more great advice.
Partnering with Customer Success
The Workforce Dimensions preview experience is a great opportunity for you to become familiar with new features before they are released for general availability. We want every Workforce Dimensions customer to know about the value a preview tenant offers, which is why I wanted to dedicate a blog to the topic. As a customer success manager, I’m committed to helping you be successful. We know how important it is for you to achieve your goals, and we’re committed to doing what we can to help. Kronos is invested in your success too!
Remember that we’re by your side — As you begin considering a request for a preview tenant, your Customer Success resources are available to help guide you through the process. We are your advocates: partners who work with you to make sure you have what you need from us on the Kronos side.
How to reach us — If you have a named customer success manager, please feel free to reach out with any questions that you have. If you do not have a named customer success manager but have access to a team of customer success managers via Community Success in Kronos Community, please post in the WFD Community Success group. There is also the general Workforce Dimensions product group for additional help.
Getting in touch with me
If you’d like to connect, please find me in Kronos Community!