I am new here at Kronos, so I get that change is hard. But fortunately, I had all the resources I needed to get onboard and settle into my new normal. I just had to look in the right places.
If you’re a Workforce Ready customer adopting the new user experience, all the resources you need are available for you too! You just have to know where to go. I happen to have the answer.
We have created a new User Experience Page in the Kronos Community to help your organization plan, adopt, and thrive with the new Workforce Ready experience. But first, a few important details about the new experience itself.
Here are three reasons why you’ll want to bring yourself up to speed:
- First, the new homepage is intuitive for everyone, which means you and your employees can complete tasks with ease. No matter if you use a desktop or mobile device, you get access to benefits enrollment, payroll, and all things Workforce Ready.
- Plus, it looks just like the apps you and your employees use every day, so people will want to use it!
- Last, but certainly not least, with just a few clicks, you can turn your existing reports into interactive charts and quickly act on important information. The days of combing through excel like data to find answers are over.
What's on the New User Experience Page?
Back to the new User Experience Page. Tons of great content sits waiting for you there. Here are three things to note:
1. Top reasons to adopt video: This short video talks you through the benefits of turning on the new UI.
2. Webinars: You’ll find webinars that you can watch whenever is most convenient for you. Grab a cup of coffee and settle in for two fantastic webinars that you can watch on demand right now.
- In one webinar, former Kronos customer now Kronos team member Brad Nycz shares his practical experience to help get you up and running smoothly. Watch!
- Our second webinar provides a checklist to help you efficiently and effectively transition into the new experience. We show how to enable the new experience for test groups and for your entire company, navigate the new experience, create charts and graphs, and much more. Watch!
If you don’t have time to watch the full-length webinars, we’ve got you covered. The webinar videos are sectioned into shorter segments. This will allow you to get the training you need on your own time while still focusing on what really matters – your employees.
3. Downloadable resources: Access the Workforce Ready key considerations document to understand what's important to address before enabling the new experience. Also check out our overview document detailing the many different UI components.
Join the New User Experience Group (And Bookmark It)
If you are a member of the Kronos Community, you already know that you have access to thousands of fellow customers and Kronos experts! If not, you can register at any time. Once in the Community, I encourage you to join the New User Experience Group where you can ask questions, connect with product experts, and give feedback on the new user experience.
Bonus Info – That’s not all we have!
If you move on from this blog post with one takeaway, I hope it’s that you know we’re here for you every step of the way when it comes to your Workforce Ready experience. We want to provide you with the tools you need to make your transition to the new user experience as seamless as possible. So, here are a couple of additional helpful hints:
- Read knowledgebase articles: Our knowledgebase articles provide information on enabling the new user experience for desktop and mobile, understanding the transition to Timesheet workflows, and converting to the new Timesheet formats. Log into the Kronos Community to access the above link.
- Bookmark: Always remember: bookmark, bookmark, bookmark! Dedicated resource pages such as the New User Experience and Release Readiness pages will come in handy once you get further along in the transition process.
It’s time to get pumped about transitioning to the new user experience!