Published: Oct 31, 2017
Things were different 40 years ago,
Timekeeping was manual, challenging, and slow.
A young man came along, his name was Mark.
And my, did he have quite the idea spark!
“Recording time is hard,” he said,
“It really should not be something to dread.”
“We document, total, and report hours by hand,”
But if it were automatic, wouldn’t that be grand?”
And so, with that, Kronos came to be,
It’s October 31st, our anniversary!
Kronos turns 40 today! On this day, four decades ago, Kronos was incorporated and named for the Greek word for time. Then, in 1979, the company delivered the industry’s first patented microprocessor-based time clock. Our founder, Mark Ain, led the company through many years of success, and since 2005, we’ve experienced the remarkable leadership of our current CEO, Aron Ain. Today, Kronos is one of the world’s largest enterprise software companies, with more than 30,000 customers using Kronos workforce solutions across more than 100 countries.
Here are a few more facts about Kronos over the years:
- 1985 – Introduced PC-based product, Timekeeper Central
- 1998 – Introduced web-based product
- 2001 – Delivered Workforce Central product suite
- 2002 – Introduced Kronos 4500 time clock
- 2011 – Introduced Kronos InTouch time clock
- 2015 – Shipped one-millionth time clock!
- 2016 – Surpassed 30,000 customers worldwide and 5,000 Kronites worldwide
- 2017 – Surpassed 22,000 customers in the cloud
For more about Kronos then and now, check out our inspiring history of innovation!
And not only is today Kronos’ anniversary, it was also our official ribbon cutting at our new global headquarters at the Cross Point Towers in Lowell, MA. Oh, and it’s, Halloween too. What an incredible day all around! Certainly, one to celebrate.