Time seems to be flying by — can you believe that it is almost the end of the year? Releases are no exception. As soon as one release is complete, it seems another comes around in the blink of an eye.
We know that the frequency of releases gives you a lot to keep up with, but it is so important to understand what is changing in the Workforce Ready® solution. If you know what’s new and improved, you can take advantage of enhancements that will help you perform your day-to-day tasks, proactively plan the rollout of the enhancements, and properly communicate with your internal teams to drive adoption.
To help you do all of that, we have made some changes to how you get your release information.
Release Readiness Page
As the leaves changed this year, so did the Workforce Ready Release Readiness page! We wanted to provide you with a one-stop shop for release information and resources, so we revamped the Release Readiness Community page to do just that.
On the left, you’ll see a list of available release resources, including the new Release Spotlight videos, and on the right, you’ll find links to What’s New and What’s Next webinar registration and past webinar recordings. Plus, you’ll find a list of all the important Community Groups you should sign up for to stay in the know. This page will be continuously updated as new resources become available, so don’t forget to bookmark it and check it often!
- Release Spotlight Videos — As I mentioned, we get that it’s tough to keep up with all the new enhancements and understand which ones you should put on your shortlist. So we’ve created quick Release Spotlight videos that cover the most impactful enhancements by product area — workforce management, HR, and payroll. These videos will be made available a couple of weeks after each release on the Release Readiness Community Page.
- What’s New and What’s Next in Workforce Ready Webinar — Don’t worry, these webinars won’t be going away. We’re simply adjusting the timing a bit. Moving forward, the What’s New and What’s Next webinars will take place on a quarterly basis. The next one will be held in January 2020. We will send an invitation to register for the webinar once the date is determined, and an on-demand version will be linked on the Release Readiness Community Page.
Also New — Release Newsflash!
This new automated notification will show up in Workforce Ready as soon as you log in. It will be available up to a week prior to the release and contains only the most pertinent information about the release, including when it’s taking place, what resources are available to you, and important reminders.
To ensure that you and the appropriate members of your team (we suggest time and labor managers and HR and payroll administrators) can see the Newsflash, take the following quick steps to enable this within the appropriate security profile(s):
- When you are logged in to Workforce Ready, either do a search for Security in the search bar or navigate to Company Settings > Profiles/Policies > Security.
- Open the appropriate profile, click on the Global tab on the right, and scroll down to the Popup Communicator section.
- Select the appropriate role for the profile of who should see the Popup Communicator notifications. Don’t forget to save your changes!
If you need additional assistance, please reach out to your Kronos implementation team or Kronos Global Support.
We hope that you enjoy these important changes we are making to our release readiness process to help you get the info that you need when you need it.