It's that time of year again — when the temperature starts dropping and we're surrounded by colorful leaves, pumpkin flavored everything, and a distinct reduction in sunlight. I know you're probably getting ready for some holiday time off and winter hibernation, but don't check out just yet. We've got a can't-miss opportunity for you.
Our fall 2019 HR & Payroll eSymposium is coming up on Wednesday, November 20th. I know, I know, you've probably had your fill of events this year, but I promise this is one to get in on. Besides the fact that it's free and you'll get SHRM, APA, and HRCI credits (those of you with anxiety over meeting your recertification requirements for the year can breathe a sigh of relief), there are lots of other reasons to sign up and get excited from our practical, informative sessions to the opportunity to chat with HR and payroll experts. Let's take a look at what we've got on tap this time around:
The right information at the right levels
It doesn't matter if you're just getting started in HR and payroll or you're a seasoned veteran leading the charge — the eSymposium has content to meet your needs. This time, in response to survey feedback from our last few events (see, we do listen), we've organized our tracks a little differently, putting content into basic, intermediate, and advanced tracks. No matter where you are in your career, you can find a set of sessions that will give you actionable takeaways to apply in your day-to-day. Here's a taste of the kinds of topics in each track:
- Basic: Survival guides, mistakes to avoid, how to automate and get rid of paper
- Intermediate: Boosting efficiency, the latest in employment law, total employee value, championing change
- Advanced: Latest trends, moments that matter, labor strategy, people analytics
Engaging sessions from HR and payroll thought leaders
Alright, now that you know the themes we're covering, let's get a little more specific. We've got a packed agenda at this eSymposium full of enriching content from people we hope will inspire you and help you succeed. Here are just a few of the sessions you can choose:
- The Cost of Doing Nothing — Mistakes I've Made So You Don't Have To: An HR practitioner's confession delivered by Julie Develin from Kronos' HCM strategic advisory team. Hear where she feels she went wrong in her career and how you can avoid falling into those same traps. Want a preview? She wrote a blog on this topic too.
- Latest Trends from APA Research: Get the DL on the latest survey we conducted with APA and what it revealed about the state of modern payroll. Turns out there's a big perception gap between payroll professionals and the rest of the organization. Trust me, you're going to want to hear this.
- People Analytics Gets Real: So we all know data is great and we're supposed to use it to get ahead of the curve, but what does that actually look like? I'll be moderating a conversation between Chris Kiklas, one of our HCM technical experts, and Chris Mullen, PhD, a 15-year veteran HR practitioner and leader of our strategic advisory group, to illustrate how you turn the insights you see in your HR technology into actual actions that push your organization forward.
- Are You Ready for the Future of Work?: I've saved the best for last here. This is our keynote session this time around, featuring a roundtable discussion among several prominent thought leaders from the Workforce Institute at Kronos who will give their thoughts on how far we've come as HR and payroll professionals and how we get ready for the even bigger explosion of changes on the horizon.
Conclusion: What are you waiting for?
I hope I've gotten you at least a bit excited about what's coming up in this fall's eSymposium. There's a ton of value packed into this day (did I mention it's free?), and it's worth the time to keep your teams on the leading edge and get some credits while you do it. But hey, if you don't believe me, you can ask Sharlyn Lauby. She's part of our keynote panel and is looking forward to the event too. Get your HR and payroll team together and sign up today. We look forward to seeing you.