BerganKDV spans 7 locations across Minnesota and Iowa. Its 300 employees provide traditional CPA services, human capital management (HCM), wealth management, and IT support. Previously, BerganKDV struggled to sell, implement, and support three disjointed databases that handled its customers’ HCM needs. The inability to report across separate systems provided limited visibility into workforce metrics. This left BerganKDV relying on requests to customers and vendors to get basic information, hindering proactive planning and inconveniencing clients.
What BerganKDV needed was a partner and a solution that could:
- Provide a single database HCM solution that integrates with its CPA functions, including robust report generation such as headcount, turnover, contributions and census reporting
- Deliver ongoing, top-tier product development resources to keep the software ahead of the ever-changing HR / payroll legislative compliance
- Supply a more expansive range of HCM modules on a single database that customers can access from any web enabled device
- Offer a fully stocked collection of customizable marketing resources and competitive intelligence information to support its sales and marketing efforts
- Support an active and collaborative partner community for shared ideas and best practices
“Our clients and employees experience a ton of time savings and love the Kronos Workforce Ready® platform. Our team can easily access all the HCM data they need internally allowing us to serve our customers better and faster on both the HCM and CPA sides of our business.”
Sales Leader for BerganKDV Outsourced Services
Through the Kronos Workforce Ready® Partner Network’s private-label model, BerganKDV is able to provide a robust human capital management cloud solution on one platform to employers across all industries to help them better manage labor costs, improve workforce productivity, increase employee engagement, minimize compliance risk, and make informed business decisions.
Kronos Workforce Ready
- Provides customers with continual updates using cloud-based technology and scales as their business grows
- Operates on one unified platform with a single employee record, database, workflow, reporting engine, and security
- Unifies HR, timekeeping, scheduling, payroll, talent management, and more to help manage the entire workforce from pre-hire to retire, streamlining processes, improving productivity, and increasing employee engagement
- Provides visibility into real-time workforce data to support accurate reporting and better business decisions
- Offers easy mobile access for employees and managers so work-related information is available at their fingertips at any time, from anywhere
With a unified, single database HCM platform, BerganKDV can proactively monitor its clients’ tax information throughout the year and ensure that it is accurate. And with a more holistic view of its customers’ workforce metrics, the CPA firm can easily flag errors during client implementation, including improper owner tax classifications and inaccuracies in organizations’ unemployment insurance allocations. By leveraging the Workforce Ready solution, the BerganKDV CPA team has something new and fresh to talk about with their existing customers and the opportunity to upsell their services. This has resulted in better customer relationships and an outstanding growth rate year-over-year.