LOWELL, Mass., Jan 23, 2018
The Workforce Institute at Kronos Incorporated, a think tank dedicated to providing research and education on critical workplace issues facing organizations around the globe, today announced the addition of Chris Mullen, director of human resources for Housing and Dining Services at the University of Colorado, Boulder, to its board of advisors.
- In his role as director of human resources for Housing and Dining Services at the University of Colorado, Boulder, Mullen is responsible for payroll management, organizational and employee development – including diversity, inclusion, and equity initiatives – and personnel management for close to 2,000 diverse employees.
- Mullen is also founder and CEO of Elevate Yourself, LLC, where he acts as a speaker, trainer, executive coach, consultant, and blogger at chrismullen.org.
- Mullen’s areas of focus include productivity, work-life balance, hiring practices, workforce management, and organizational and professional development.
- Mullen earned a Master’s Degree in Administration with an emphasis in Human Resources at West Chester University of Pennsylvania. He also holds a Senior Professional in Human Resources Certification from the HR Certification Institute and is a Senior Certified Professional from the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM). He has completed a Masterful Training and Facilitation Certification from Colorado State University and is currently in his final year of a Ph.D. in Higher Education and Leadership, driving research on how mobile technology impacts work-life balance.
- Joyce Maroney, executive director, The Workforce Institute at Kronos
“Chris brings a unique focus on work-life balance to our board, as well as deep experience in the higher-ed space and his own dynamic blend of practical advice backed by research-based methods. We are excited to learn from Chris and to add his perspective to our wide-ranging, global board of advisors.”
- Chris Mullen, director of human resources for Housing and Dining Services, University of Colorado, Boulder
“I’m looking forward to interacting with my fellow board members and learning from their diverse industry experience and points of view. There is much work to be done when it comes to enabling managers and employees to find the right balance between work and life, particularly in the always-connected world we live in today. I am excited to examine these issues across different industries and countries, thinking about how employers and employees can work together to find the right solutions.”
- Read about The Workforce Institute’s 2018 Top Five Workplace Trends Predictions and watch a video compilation of individual board member predictions.
- Follow The Workforce Institute at Kronos for insight, research, blogs, and podcasts on how organizations can manage today’s modern workforce to drive engagement and performance.
- Check out the third book from The Workforce Institute, It’s All About Bob(bie) – Strategies for Winning with Your Employees, for actionable best practices to develop and retain a competitive 21st century workforce.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Take a look at the lighter side of the workforce in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
About The Workforce Institute at Kronos
The Workforce Institute at Kronos provides research and education on critical workplace issues facing organizations around the globe. By bringing together thought leaders, The Workforce Institute at Kronos is uniquely positioned to empower organizations with the knowledge and information they need to manage their workforce effectively and provide a voice for employees on important workplace issues. A hallmark of The Workforce Institute’s research is balancing the needs and desires of diverse employee populations with the needs of organizations. For additional information, visit https://workforceinstitute.org/.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is a leading provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos industry-centric workforce applications are purpose-built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions, and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations — including half of the Fortune 1000® — and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day. Visit www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works.
© 2018 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.