LOWELL, Mass. ,
The Workforce Institute at Kronos Incorporated, a think tank dedicated to providing research and education on critical workplace issues facing organizations around the globe, today announced the addition of Dr. Martin Armstrong, vice president of payroll shared services for Charter Communications, Inc., the second-largest cable provider in the U.S., to its board of advisors.
- As vice president of payroll shared services at Charter Communications, Dr. Armstrong is responsible for overseeing payroll strategy and execution for the company’s 98,000 employees.
- Prior to joining Charter Communications, Dr. Armstrong held executive roles at Caesars Entertainment and Time Warner Cable.
- Dr. Armstrong is a retired Navy Supply Corps officer and is currently the Accounting & Finance Area Chair for the University of Phoenix, where he was named the 2018 Distinguished Faculty of the Year.
- Dr. Armstrong is a former vice president, board advisor, and current member of the American Payroll Association. He is also a member of the Society for Human Resource Management, the National Association of Tax Professionals, the American Society for Quality, and the Academy of Management.
- Professional accolades from the American Payroll Association include: 2018 Shared Services Prism Award; 2012 Prism Award for Overall Best Practices; 2010 Prism Award for Management Best Practices; 2008 Payroll Man of the Year; 2006 Special Recognition Award; and 2002 Meritorious Service Award.
- Dr. Armstrong is a Certified Payroll Professional (CPP), holds a master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Maryland University College (UMUC), and a Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) degree from Argosy University, where his dissertation concentrated on employee readiness for organizational change.
- Joyce Maroney, executive director, The Workforce Institute at Kronos
“We are excited to welcome Martin to our board and believe that his unique blend of deep academic study coupled with real-world practitioner experience will further elevate our thought leadership around the critical importance of the payroll function within complex organizations.”
- Dr. Martin Armstrong, vice president of payroll shared services, Charter Communications
“As a lifelong learner, I am always looking for opportunities to interact with leaders in my field and others to explore what’s working and what needs to be re-thought, specifically with regard to how we address workplace issues facing organizations today. I look forward to adding my perspective to The Workforce Institute at Kronos and learning from fellow board members.”
- Follow The Workforce Institute at Kronos for insight, research, blogs, and podcasts on how organizations can manage today’s modern workforce to drive engagement and performance.
- Check out the third book from The Workforce Institute, “It’s All About Bob(bie) – Strategies for Winning with Your Employees,” for actionable best practices to develop and retain a competitive 21st century workforce.
- Kronos CEO Aron Ain shares how to transform employee engagement into a growth strategy in his new book, “WorkInspired: How to Build an Organization Where Everyone Loves to Work.”
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.
About The Workforce Institute at Kronos
The Workforce Institute at Kronos provides research and education on critical workplace issues facing organizations around the globe. By bringing together thought leaders, The Workforce Institute at Kronos is uniquely positioned to empower organizations with the knowledge and information they need to manage their workforce effectively and provide a voice for employees on important workplace issues. A hallmark of The Workforce Institute’s research is balancing the needs and desires of diverse employee populations with the needs of organizations. For additional information, visit https://workforceinstitute.org/.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is a leading provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos industry-centric workforce applications are purpose-built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions, and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations — including half of the Fortune 1000® — and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day. Visit www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works.
© 2019 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.