LOWELL, Mass. ,
Kronos Incorporated today announced that LondonEnergy, one of the largest sustainable energy, recycling, and resource management providers in the U.K., has transformed its workforce with the deployment of Workforce Dimensions. Powered by the intelligent Kronos D5 platform, the revolutionary workforce management solution gives LondonEnergy unprecedented operational insight and provides an unparalleled, personalized experience for employees.
- LondonEnergy, a longtime Kronos customer, has migrated its entire workforce – including full-time, contract, and seasonal employees – to the next-generation Workforce Dimensions suite, enabling the company to transform its manager and employee experience by:
- Using artificial intelligence (AI) to automate repetitive requests: Previously, managers depended on a manual system to track and review time-off and scheduling requests, a time-consuming and laborious process. Workforce Advisor, the industry’s first digital personal assistant, unburdens managers from repetitive, daily administrative tasks by evaluating each request in real time, enabling managers to focus on higher-value activities while employees instantly know if their request has been approved.
- Instant access to real-time data: With fewer administrative responsibilities, LondonEnergy managers now have more time to solve critical business issues with Workforce Dimensions embedded analytics, which provides up-to-the-minute insights leveraging more than 150 key performance indicators. For instance, in the past, managers did not have access to overtime data until weeks after hours had accrued. Now, with proactive compliance, they know well in advance if a worker is approaching the maximum number of hours they can legally work so managers can take action.
- Smarter shift scheduling: Workforce Dimensions, with its ability to detect schedule patterns, gives managers a smarter, more comprehensive view of shift scheduling at LondonEnergy, while empowering employees by giving them greater control of their schedule preferences.
- For example, collaborative self-scheduling lets workers select where, when, and how long they want to work. If a shift-swap is needed, Workforce Advisor identifies colleagues most likely to swap based on preferences, availability, and qualifications, then executes the swap automatically without manager involvement.
- Managers overseeing multiple recycling centers will also have immediate insight into who is scheduled to work which shift and where and are presented with qualified staffing options if a worker calls out sick. The predictive capabilities of Workforce Dimensions dramatically reduce time spent trying to secure a replacement while ensuring that individuals are working proper shifts.
- Personalized experience from any device for all: With Workforce Dimensions, employees can personalize their experience to showcase the information most important to them and work their way by punching in and out, viewing schedules, swapping shifts, and requesting time off from the convenience of their phone, tablet, or desktop – from any location – providing a consistent user experience on each device without feature loss.
- The future-ready features of Workforce Dimensions closely align with LondonEnergy’s mission to become a next-generation sustainable energy company. The platform will help LondonEnergy run more efficiently in a more cost-effective manner, as it focuses on the next stage of recycling and energy generation.
- Mark Beattie, head of central services, LondonEnergy
“Workforce Dimensions has been transformational for LondonEnergy. Shifting to the cloud ensures our systems are always up to date and our data is secure. The fully responsive user interface gives employees control over how they want to work and personalizes the experience to include information that’s most important to them. Additionally, the ability to request schedule changes or time off from home and receive automatic responses empowers employees, while also ensuring our staffing requirements are met. Kronos has been a trusted partner for years, and the ability of Workforce Dimensions to automate routine, time-consuming tasks means we can focus on serving our communities by creating a cleaner, greener future.”
- Bill Bartow, vice president, global product management, Kronos
“LondonEnergy is a company that truly embraces innovation, and the desire to future-proof its workforce management system made them a natural fit for Workforce Dimensions. The company is already reaping the tremendous benefits from this revolutionary platform while keeping its eyes on future limitless growth. The excitement and demand for Workforce Dimensions is tremendous, and with the help of forward-looking organizations like LondonEnergy, Kronos is at the forefront of transforming the future of workforce management.”
- About LondonEnergy
- Read a complimentary copy of Gartner’s full report, “Prepare Yourself for the Future of Workforce Management.”
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Subscribe to follow The Workforce Institute at Kronos for insight, research, blogs, and podcasts on how organizations can manage today’s modern workforce to drive engagement and performance.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is a leading provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos industry-centric workforce applications are purpose-built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions, and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations — including half of the Fortune 1000® — and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day. Visit www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works.
© 2018 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos, the Kronos logo, and Workforce Dimensions are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.