LOWELL, Mass. ,
Who: Kylene Zenk, director of the manufacturing practice at Kronos Incorporated, will speak at the Women in Manufacturing Association’s (WiM) annual summit this week, discussing industry trends that shape the future of work in a session titled, “5 Steps Manufacturers Must Take to Engage the Gen Z Workforce.” In her role at Kronos, Zenk and team are focused on transforming manufacturing operations with people-centric technology.
What: In an industry bursting with future opportunities for Generation Z – i.e. people born in the late 90s and beyond – manufacturing organizations today are challenged to fill openings left by retiring Baby Boomers. To remain competitive in the war for new and inspired talent, manufacturers must create an engaging work environment tailored to meet the expectations of the future workforce. Zenk’s session will share actionable steps that manufacturers can take to get there.
Why: Kronos, a corporate member of WiM, is dedicated to partnering with the manufacturing community in a unified effort to close the talent gap and raise the profile of the entire industry. By sponsoring and participating at the 9th annual summit, Kronos is investing in the WiM mission to support, promote, and inspire women who have chosen careers in the manufacturing industry.
When: Wednesday, Sept. 11, 8:00-9:00 a.m.
Where: WiM SUMMIT 2019
Hilton Denver City Center
1701 California Street
Bonus: Zenk will also moderate a roundtable discussion at the WiM SUMMIT, “Creating an Engaged Workforce, from Boomers to Gen Z,” on Wednesday, Sept. 10 from 2:00-3:30 p.m. as part of a rotating roundtable session.
- About the Women in Manufacturing Association (WiM).
- Kronos is a silver-level sponsor of MFG Day 2019 (Oct. 4), an annual celebration meant to engage and inspire the next generation of manufacturers.
- Meet Gen Z: A global survey issued by The Workforce Institute at Kronos reveals surprising contradictions of how the workforce of the future view themselves while exploring workplace expectations so that employers can best manage Gen Z employees.
- Kronos CEO Aron Ain shares how to transform employee engagement into a growth strategy in his new book, “WorkInspired: How to Build an Organization Where Everyone Loves to Work.”
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is a leading provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos industry-centric workforce applications are purpose-built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions, and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations — including half of the Fortune 1000® — and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day. Visit www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works.
© 2019 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.