Kronos Incorporated today announced that Ward Transport & Logistics Corp., a provider of warehousing and logistics services delivering to more than 10,000 customers, selected the Kronos Workforce Central suite of workforce management solutions deployed in the Kronos Cloud. With the cloud deployment, Ward Transport & Logistics expects to gain a fast return on investment, saving hundreds of thousands of dollars annually.
- With a diverse employee population consisting of dock workers, warehouse personnel, and truck drivers across more than 20 locations, Ward Transport & Logistics needed a flexible workforce management solution to streamline processes and improve efficiencies. Previously, the logistics organization used a variety of disparate systems deployed on site, relying heavily on IT for operations and system maintenance.
- Ward Transport & Logistics purchased Kronos time and attendance, HR, and payroll applications.
- With a large percentage of its workforce being remote, Ward Transport & Logistics also purchased Kronos mobile applications, allowing employees to enter time through mobile devices directly from their worksite, eliminating travel time back to a central location.
- Prior to Kronos, the logistics organization did not have a way to accurately track multiple jobs with different pay codes, forcing Ward Transport & Logistics to rely on generalizations, rather than data. With Kronos, the organization now has access to real-time data that can help measure daily productivity and performance, helping the organization make more informed business decisions.
- By deploying in the Kronos Cloud, Ward Transport & Logistics now relies on Kronos to perform all configuration, maintenance, upgrades, and support of the workforce management solution, enabling its IT department to focus resources on other business priorities.
- Michael Zupon, director of management information systems, Ward Transport & Logistics
"The majority of our workforce is remote, spread across different locations and we needed a flexible, easy-to-use workforce management solution that could capture all of our employee information in one place. By deploying in the Kronos Cloud, Ward Transport & Logistics now has an opportunity to improve strategy, while also experiencing significant cost savings. We can now use real-time data to improve our business habits and decisions instead of relying on generalizations."
- Malysa O'Connor, senior director, logistics practice group, Kronos
"Ward Transport & Logistics will see a significant improvement in efficiencies across its workforce once the organization is able to analyze its data and make necessary adjustments to capitalize on productivity and performance. Also, by deploying in the Kronos Cloud, the organization can now streamline processes and have all information in one secure place, improving accuracy and relieving some of the pressure on IT to manage numerous systems."
- About Ward Transport & Logistics.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Subscribe to our workforce management blogs.
- Take a look at the lighter side of workforce management in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
- Learn about the Kronos WorkInspired culture and check out Kronos job openings.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries - including more than half of the Fortune 1000® - use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2016 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.