CHELMSFORD, Mass ,
Next on the Workforce Institute Radio podcast series: Can unlimited paid time off (PTO) work for both employees and employers? What began as an innovative perk to help employees maximize work-life balance while giving organizations a unique recruiting differentiator has experienced some backlash. Opponents argue that uncapped time off actually benefits the employer, as employees take less time off under these “open” or “unlimited” arrangements compared to more traditional accrued time off programs.
Listen to Joyce Maroney, director of The Workforce Institute at Kronos Incorporated, discuss unlimited time off policies with fellow board members Sharlyn Lauby, president of ITM Group Inc. and renown “HR Bartender” blogger, and David Almeda, chief people officer at Kronos, who successfully rolled out an open PTO policy at Kronos in 2016. Questions answered in this podcast include:
- Despite negative attention around uncapped PTO, what are the benefits?
- What should organizations consider before embarking on this innovative policy change and how should they prepare?
- What are the biggest challenges in implementing an uncapped vacation policy?
- How should people managers be trained to make this type of policy successful?
- Could an uncapped time off policy work for front line and/or hourly workers, or is this merely a perk enjoyed by laptop-toting white-collar workers?
When: Available now
The Workforce Institute provides research and education on critical workplace issues facing organizations around the globe. By bringing together thought leaders, The Workforce Institute is uniquely positioned to empower organizations with the knowledge and information they need to manage their workforce effectively and provide a voice for employees on important workplace issues. A hallmark of The Workforce Institute’s research is balancing the needs and desires of diverse employee populations with the needs of organizations. For additional information, visit www.workforceinstitute.org.
- Listen to other episodes of Workforce Institute Radio.
- Connect with The Workforce Institute at Kronos via Twitter.
- Check out the latest book from The Workforce Institute at Kronos, It’s All About Bob(bie) – Strategies for Winning with Your Employees.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Take a look at the lighter side of the workforce in the Kronos Time Well Spent cartoons.
- Learn about the Kronos WorkInspired culture and check out Kronos job openings.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is a leading provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos industry-centric workforce applications are purpose-built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions, and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations — including half of the Fortune 1000® — and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day. Visit www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works.
© 2017 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.