LOWELL, Mass., Sep 30, 2019
Modern timekeeping practices powered by Kronos Incorporated at the University of Toronto (U of T) streamline workforce management of more than 3,000 hourly employees, translating to an estimated $300,000 in annual savings for the organization. The unified Kronos solution delivers the convenience of electronic timesheets available 24/7 in the cloud – saving 9 tons of paper annually – and gives employees and department managers greater confidence in the U of T payroll system.
- U of T is a public university based in Ontario, Canada that enrolls more than 90,000 students annually. Following the success of its initial Kronos deployment in 2018, U of T has embarked on a multi-year effort to replicate its model of efficiency across three campuses with plans to automate the tedious tasks involved with monitoring time and attendance for up to 8,000 shift workers.
- Automated timekeeping and payroll processes now centralize workforce management operations for 16 U of T departments, maximizing productivity, reducing manual payroll errors, ensuring compliance, and keeping employees engaged.
- Automated employee scheduling and timecard approvals streamline administrative work for department managers, while real-time visibility into critical workforce data – such as when employees approach overtime – provides greater control over labor costs.
- Unionized pay rules and employment standards are now consistently defined and applied across departments to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- The University of Toronto will continue to introduce payroll and timekeeping efficiencies across its campuses while additional solutions, including advanced scheduling, will be implemented with personalized support from Kronos customer success and strategic advisory teams to help U of T achieve the greatest value from its workforce management investment.
- Cathy Eberts, executive director, enterprise applications and solutions integration, University of Toronto
“What may sound like a small shift – the move from manual timesheets to a centralized, automated time management system – has made a tremendous difference in the lives of our department managers and hourly workforce. Since implementing workforce management technology from Kronos, the University of Toronto has realized a dramatic increase in payroll accuracy with decreased administrative burden, and we expect substantial savings across three campuses going forward.”
- Jennifer Dowd, senior manager, public sector industry, Kronos
“As more organizations recognize the value of putting workforce management at the core of their HCM strategy, managers stand to experience measurable benefits in the form of improved payroll data quality and reduced processing time, while building confidence and trust among employees.”
- About the University of Toronto.
- Learn how Kronos empowers payroll professionals everywhere, and download the eBook, “Changing the Perception of Payroll.”
- Kronos CEO Aron Ain shares how to transform employee engagement into a growth strategy in his new book, “WorkInspired: How to Build an Organization Where Everyone Loves to Work.”
- Subscribe to follow The Workforce Institute at Kronos for insight, research, blogs, and podcasts on how organizations can manage today’s modern workforce to drive engagement and performance.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Visit the Kronos Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) page to learn how Kronites strive to be great people every day.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is a leading provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos industry-centric workforce applications are purpose-built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions, and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations — including half of the Fortune 1000® — and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day. Visit www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works.
© 2019 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.