LOWELL, Mass. ,
University Medical Center, a longstanding customer of Kronos Incorporated, has added the Workforce periOp Scheduler solution to fully automate and streamline employee scheduling in the perioperative services department. The new solution replaces a manual process and has helped University Medical Center increase employee engagement with balanced nurse work schedules and clinician on-call staffing. By providing notice of scheduled cases enabling proactive staff planning, the hospital has reduced fatigue and improved patient safety and staff morale in the operating room – helping enhance the quality of care in surgical services.
- Named a best place to work and noted for patient experience1 , University Medical Center, the primary hospital of the UMC Health System, selected the new solution for the fast-moving surgical suite where delayed schedules, shift-swaps, and time-off requests can cause confusion. Workforce periOp Scheduler provides open and efficient communication and mobile access to real-time on-call schedules, open shifts, and vacation requests, helping staff stay in-the-know at all times. Visibility into on-call staff gives managers real-time information to manage the OR safely and efficiently.
- Also, manual scheduling in the operating room makes complying with labor laws and operating room organizational policies challenging. Workforce periOp Scheduler draws from University Medical Center’s custom staffing rules to develop schedules that reflect employee preferences – helping manage compliance and creating an engaged culture.
- University Medical Center also uses the healthcare industry-specific Kronos time and attendance and advanced scheduling solutions, deployed in the Kronos Cloud to streamline workforce processes and scheduling for all 3,800 employees across all departments.
- Adria Renegar, BSN, RN, CNOR, assistant director, University Medical Center
“We live and work at a time when we expect information at our fingertips and our organization is committed to giving our employees just that, which means we demand the ease of use of popular apps from all technology. We realized that while we were empowering our employees and physicians across all departments with Kronos in this manner, we were still using a manual process in the operating room. Now with Workforce periOp Scheduler, our operating room teams can deliver the highest level of quality care and feel more engaged at work.”
- Susan Reese, DNP, MBA, RN, CPHIMS, director, healthcare practice group, Kronos
“At Kronos, we believe quality surgical care begins with an accurate nurse scheduling process, and one that allows employee participation. Even the best operating room teams will struggle if there are coverage issues and those with the right skills and certifications are not available at the right times. Unparalleled in its commitment to employee and patient satisfaction, University Medical Center has always been a progressive user of Kronos, and we continue to stay committed to partnering with them in support of quality care.”
- About University Medical Center.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Take a look at the lighter side of workforce management in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
- Follow The Workforce Institute at Kronos for insight, research, blogs, and podcasts on how organizations can manage today’s modern workforce to drive engagement and performance.
- Learn about the Kronos WorkInspired culture and check out Kronos job openings.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is a leading provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos industry-centric workforce applications are purpose-built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions, and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations — including half of the Fortune 1000® — and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day. Visit www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works.
© 2017 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.
Footnote 1: University Medical Center Awards & Recognition.