LOWELL, Mass. ,
What: Joyce Maroney, executive director of The Workforce Institute at Kronos Incorporated, welcomes advisory board members Sharlyn Lauby and John Hollon on the Workforce Institute Radio podcast to discuss the business impact of the millions of sick days taken the Monday after the Super Bowl – a.k.a. Super Bowl Fever. The Workforce Institute has been tracking the big game’s impact on absenteeism for more than a decade, and new research from Mucinex shows that an estimated 14 million employed Americans plan to call out of work on #SuperSickMonday.
With several major sporting events on the horizon in 2018 – including the Winter Olympics, March Madness, and the World Cup – Maroney, Lauby, and Hollon provide advice on how employers can minimize negative impact on productivity while simultaneously building camaraderie, including:
- Research on how many people call in sick the day after the Super Bowl, as well as research on the impact of other national and international sporting events on productivity at work;
- Creative ways companies can embrace major events to build camaraderie;
- How employers can better manage unplanned absenteeism overall; and
- Best practices for getting employers and employees on the same page around these events and encouraging fun and open communication in the workplace.
When: Available now
Why: The Workforce Institute provides research and education on critical workplace issues facing organizations around the globe. By bringing together thought leaders, The Workforce Institute is uniquely positioned to empower organizations with the knowledge and information they need to manage their workforces effectively and provide a voice for employees on important workplace issues. A hallmark of The Workforce Institute's research is balancing the needs and desires of diverse employee populations with the needs of organizations. For additional information, visit workforceinstitute.org.
- Listen to other episodes of Workforce Institute Radio and subscribe to the podcasts on iTunes.
- Follow The Workforce Institute at Kronos for insight, research, blogs, and podcasts on how organizations can manage today’s modern workforce to drive engagement and performance.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Take a look at the lighter side of the workforce in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is a leading provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos industry-centric workforce applications are purpose-built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions, and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations — including half of the Fortune 1000® — and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day. Visit www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works.
© 2018 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.