CHELMSFORD, Mass. ,
Southcoast Health, including Southcoast Hospitals Group, which is named among the top five percent of hospitals in the U.S. for clinical excellence by Healthgrades®, has selected the Kronos Workforce Central suite of workforce management solutions to be deployed in the Kronos Cloud. With Kronos, the health system expects to further improve operational efficiencies and employee engagement.
- In 2016, Southcoast Hospitals Group was honored with 23 awards and recognitions from Healthgrades, including being named one of America's 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care™ and placed in the top five percent in the nation for patient safety. Southcoast Hospitals Group was also named among the top five percent in the nation for women's health in 2015. This success was achieved by making strategic investments, improving clinical processes, and implementing new technologies.
- With more than 7,400 employees located in 50 ancillary and medical facilities across southeastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island, Southcoast Health needed a workforce management solution to standardize processes through automation. The health system will replace its manual solution with Kronos to provide employees access to real-time workforce information for more equitable staffing, better self-service features, and greater flexibility in their jobs.
- Southcoast Health selected the Kronos Workforce Central solutions for time and attendance, scheduling, and forecast management. The health system also purchased Kronos mobile applications, enabling managers and employees to access information on the go.
- With Kronos, Southcoast Health also expects to minimize compliance risk with complex labor laws, which vary by state and region, by standardizing complex and varying work and pay rules.
- Also by deploying in the Kronos Cloud, the health system will rely on Kronos to perform all configuration, maintenance, upgrades, and support of the workforce management solution, enabling its IT department to focus resources on its mission of clinical excellence.
- Jim Feen, associate chief information officer, Southcoast Health
"Kronos will offer us increased visibility about operations, and, very importantly, will help us further boost employee engagement. The mission of our employees is aligned with our organization's, which is to offer excellence in clinical and personalized care. We remain committed to making investments and implementing new technologies that further help our employees feel engaged and empowered to support this mission."
- Susan M. Reese, MBA, RN, CPHIMS, director, healthcare practice group, Kronos
"Southcoast Health is forward thinking in its approach to addressing the many ongoing changes taking place within the healthcare industry and is focused on continuous performance improvement. We are honored to be selected by the health system, which is unparalleled in its focus on clinical excellence."
- About Southcoast Health.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Subscribe to our workforce management blogs.
- Take a look at the lighter side of workforce management in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
- Learn about the Kronos WorkInspired culture and check out Kronos job openings.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries - including more than half of the Fortune 1000® - use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2016 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.