LOWELL, Mass. ,
Community-based healthcare system ProHealth Care Inc. has streamlined on-call scheduling with the Kronos EZCall Enterprise Portal, an integrated scheduling solution purpose-built for large health systems from Kronos Incorporated. ProHealth Care can now improve speed-to-treatment and optimize patient care by consolidating more than 130 physician schedules across multiple departments and facilities to provide a secure view of on-call healthcare providers.
- As one of the largest independent healthcare systems in Wisconsin, ProHealth Care treats more than 400,000 patients annually through its network of medical centers, clinics, and hospitals. With the Kronos EZCall Enterprise Portal, ProHealth Care can access a holistic view of on-call schedules across its largest care facilities, including the third-largest hospital in Greater Milwaukee.
- Integrating the EZCall Enterprise Portal with Kronos EZCall and using Workforce Central in the Kronos Cloud, ProHealth Care has simplified complex scheduling processes across the organization while empowering team members to quickly and effectively identify appropriate on-call providers.
- Leveraging integrations with Kronos EZCall and Workforce Central, ProHealth Care can automatically track physician time-off requests, vacation leave, and sick time across its organization within the portal, eliminating errors and delays caused by manual entry.
- The EZCall Enterprise portal also enables ProHealth Care to automatically feed provider credentials (e.g. where and when a physician is allowed to practice) from third-party credentialing solutions into a single view, ensuring that a search within the portal for an on-call physician will only display providers who are qualified.
- The EZCall Enterprise Portal addresses a unique need among large health systems that use multiple scheduling solutions across departments or disciplines by taking a vendor- and technology-agnostic approach.
- Used by nurses, physicians, switchboard attendants, and other clinicians who require systemwide visibility into physician schedules, the portal interfaces with virtually any scheduling application to aggregate on-call availability, qualifications, and physician contact data in real time so health systems and professionals can deliver optimal care.
- The EZCall Enterprise Portal also provides real-time notifications of potential scheduling conflicts and, using secure messaging, ensures enterprise care teams have proper patient care coverage by communicating directly with physicians.
- Jon Schrantz, senior medical staff services business analyst, ProHealth Care
“At ProHealth Care, we believe scheduling is the key to building an empowered workforce that is committed to delivering exceptional patient experiences. Selecting a new enterprise system to streamline on-call scheduling across our largest facilities, we wanted a solution that would ensure real-time accuracy and empower our medical staff to know, with confidence, who is on call and how best to reach them. We found the right solution through Kronos. The innovative EZCall Enterprise Portal addresses our staff’s needs, and support from the Kronos implementation team has exceeded our expectations.”
- Susan M. Reese, DNP, MBA, RN, CPHIMS, director, healthcare practice group, Kronos
“Kronos is invested in helping organizations across the entire continuum of care achieve greater scheduling accuracy. We observe many organizations using departmental scheduling applications with no visibility into who is on call across their enterprise. This lack of transparency can impact time-to-treatment and demotivate medical staff who feel like they don’t have the right tools to ensure an optimal patient experience. Kronos developed the integrated EZCall Enterprise Portal to empower large health systems to break down silos, unify their cross-departmental teams, and drive patient satisfaction.”
- About ProHealth Care Inc.
- Learn about Kronos EZCall, the automated physician scheduling solution that enables care teams to build fair and transparent schedules, cut down time spent maintaining physician schedules, and reduce burnout and fatigue enterprise-wide.
- Check out Kronos CEO Aron Ain’s book, “WorkInspired: How to Build an Organization Where Everyone Loves to Work.”
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Subscribe to follow The Workforce Institute at Kronos for insight, research, blogs, and podcasts on how organizations can manage today’s modern workforce to drive engagement and performance.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is a leading provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos industry-centric workforce applications are purpose-built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions, and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations — including half of the Fortune 1000® — and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day. Visit www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works.
© 2018 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.