LOWELL, Mass. ,
What: Host Joyce Maroney, executive director of The Workforce Institute at Kronos Incorporated, welcomes retail expert and fellow board member Mark Wales on the Workforce Institute Radio podcast to discuss a recent Workforce Institute survey of retail managers across multiple countries that examined the corrosive effects unplanned absences have on store operations. Among the topics discussed are:
- Why unplanned absence is one of the most difficult, complex, and time-consuming issues facing retailers today;
- Why both understaffing and overstaffing occurs so frequently and what can be done to remedy it;
- Why so many retailers find it challenging to deal with administrative issues resulting from associates working additional shifts and/or incurring overtime to cover unplanned absence; and
- Why the ineffective practice of overscheduling has become the norm.
When: Available now
Where: The Workforce Institute blog site
Why: The Workforce Institute at Kronos provides research and education on critical workplace issues facing organizations around the globe. By bringing together thought leaders, The Workforce Institute is uniquely positioned to empower organizations with the knowledge and information they need to manage their workforces effectively and provide a voice for employees on important workplace issues. A hallmark of The Workforce Institute's research is balancing the needs and desires of diverse employee populations with the needs of organizations. For additional information, visit www.workforceinstitute.org.
- Download the white paper, Absence Management: The Last Easy Money for Retailers, which examines how effective absence management and workforce planning can foster financial gain.
- Listen to other episodes of Workforce Institute Radio.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Take a look at the lighter side of the workforce in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
- Subscribe to follow The Workforce Institute at Kronos for insight, research, blogs, and podcasts on how organizations can manage today’s modern workforce to drive engagement and performance.
- Learn about the Kronos WorkInspired culture and check out Kronos job openings.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is a leading provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos industry-centric workforce applications are purpose-built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions, and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations — including half of the Fortune 1000® — and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day. Visit www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works.
© 2018 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.