CHELMSFORD, Mass. ,
An acute-care teaching hospital, Natividad Medical Center uses the Kronos Workforce Central suite of workforce management solutions to gain visibility into labor data to more effectively manage overtime, improve workforce productivity, and align staff with patient census. All of these benefits help the hospital manage to budget and deliver high-quality patient care.
- Natividad Medical Center's trauma center is a vital community service that saves lives and eliminates the need to fly critically injured patients to distant trauma centers. The emergency department sees more than 52,000 patients each year, one-third of which are children.
- Given that manual, administrative workforce management processes were taking staff away from patient care, the hospital selected Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, workforce analytics, human resources, and absence management solutions. To provide employees and managers added flexibility in how they complete their workforce management tasks, the hospital also selected Kronos mobile and tablet applications.
- As a result of implementing Kronos, Natividad Medical Center is now able to consistently apply labor related regulations consistently across the hospital. These include daily and weekly overtime, Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) overtime for temporary and per-diem employees, shift and weekend differentials, and Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) eligibility, among others.
- Kronos also helped Natividad Medical Center manage compliance with the Affordable Care Act (ACA) by eliminating manual administrative work that is often relied upon for the analysis of full- and part-time employees, which is required by the ACA.
- Managers are now also able to identify employees approaching overtime before it is incurred, allowing for real-time action to avoid excess expense. Productivity reports are also viewed daily by managers. These benefits have enabled the hospital to ensure that staff is always aligned with patient census, overtime is paid accurately and fairly, and budget is not impacted.
- Employees also feel more engaged as they can view their own timecards and see what they can expect in each paycheck, which improves transparency and accountability.
- The Kronos Workforce Analytics solution has played a significant role in the hospital's success with the workforce management deployment. The solution offers the hospital an easy way to track organizational performance through data visualization and exploration. By using Natividad Medical Center's existing labor data, Workforce Analytics provides continuous visibility into key performance indicators, helping increase productivity.
- Janine Bouyea, HR administrator, Natividad Medical Center
"When we evaluated workforce management solutions, it was clear to us that Kronos was the leader in the market. No other vendor has the robustness and the comprehensiveness of the Kronos solution. For example, while all the applications are tremendously helpful for us and have transformed the way we manage our workforce, the Workforce Analytics solution has been pivotal for reporting and productivity improvement. With advanced solutions such as analytics integrated within the suite, Kronos offers game-changing technology."
- Susan M. Reese, MBA, RN, CPHIMS, director, healthcare practice group, Kronos
"We are honored to be selected by Natividad Medical Center. The compassionate and exemplary staff at the hospital providing a safe and high-quality care environment makes us further committed to helping the hospital achieve its quality care objectives. We are also excited to see how Natividad Medical Center has successfully moved forward on the workforce management roadmap from automating processes to analyzing data with our workforce analytics solution for long-term productivity benefits."
- About Natividad Medical Center.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Subscribe to our workforce management blogs.
- Take a look at the lighter side of workforce management in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
- Learn about the Kronos WorkInspired culture and check out Kronos job openings.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries - including more than half of the Fortune 1000® - use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2016 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.