LOWELL, Mass. ,
To deliver the best possible patient care by optimizing costs and empowering staff, Mission Health is using the Workforce Central suite of solutions from Kronos Incorporated. The solution has helped the six-hospital health system save $500,000 in its flagship facility and is projected to save millions across the entire enterprise. The staff is also more engaged with a more transparent and equitable workforce management process.
- Mission Health uses time and attendance, employee scheduling, and mobile applications from Kronos. The $500,000 cost savings was achieved by Mission Hospital through enhanced visibility into labor data, which led to an evaluation of disparate policies regarding employee time tracking and scheduling processes. The Kronos solution helped demonstrate patterns that highlighted where changes could be made to optimize costs and empower staff. Heightened staff awareness and ongoing education about the importance of managing labor costs for improved staff retention and patient care were also critical to achieving the desired results.
- The result was an easier and more effective policy enabling close monitoring of employee scheduling to ensure both patient care and employee work-life priorities, while minimizing unnecessary overtime.
- Kronos further helps empower managers to engage employees by helping ensure everyone is treated equitably regarding breaks, time tracking, and scheduling through an evidence-based, data-driven approach. This has contributed toward a positive change in the health system with more accountability growing among staff across departments and hospitals.
- The Kronos mobile application also helps drive quality care efforts. With mobile applications, best-fit schedules can be generated quickly, and nurses can select shifts easily from their mobile devices, speeding up the time to treatment.
- Sue Mowry, RN, BS, team leader, nursing administration, Mission Health
“As a not-for-profit health system, our commitment is to provide quality services in a compassionate and cost-effective manner. Also, as the regional leader in advanced medical care in North Carolina, we are focused on continually evaluating and improving processes to make our employees’ future more secure and their work environments more engaging, so they can offer the best possible patient care. Kronos has been instrumental in helping us achieve these employee-oriented benefits while helping us manage operational costs.”
- Susan Reese, DNP, MBA, RN, CPHIMS, director, healthcare practice group, Kronos
“The leadership at Mission Health strives to meet and exceed patient needs and expectations and works hard to improve every aspect of care and service continually. Mission Health also remains true to its not-for-profit, community-oriented roots, with an eye to driving down the cost of care. For these reasons, Kronos is proud to help Mission Health further manage operational costs and empower its staff for optimal patient care.”
- About Mission Health. Connect with Mission Health via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Take a look at the lighter side of the workforce in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
- Follow The Workforce Institute at Kronos for insight, research, blogs, and podcasts on how organizations can manage today’s modern workforce to drive engagement and performance.
- Learn about the Kronos WorkInspired culture and check out Kronos job openings.
About Mission Health
Mission Health, based in Asheville, North Carolina, is the state’s sixth-largest health system. In 2017, for the fifth time in the past six years, Mission Health has been named one of the nation’s Top 15 Health Systems by Truven Health Analytics, an IBM Company and part of IBM Watson Health. Mission Health is the only health system in North Carolina to achieve this recognition. Mission Health operates six hospitals, numerous outpatient and surgery centers, post-acute care provider CarePartners, long-term acute care provider Asheville Specialty Hospital and the region’s only dedicated Level II trauma center. With approximately 12,000 team members and 2,000 volunteers, Mission Health is dedicated to improving the health and wellness of the people of western North Carolina.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is a global provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos industry-centric workforce applications are purpose-built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions, and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations – including half of the Fortune 1000® – and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day. Visit www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2018 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.