CHELMSFORD, Mass. ,
McLendon Hardware standardized its human capital management processes with solutions from Kronos Incorporated, which led the retailer to save 33 percent in workforce management expenses by replacing multiple applications from another vendor and consolidating HR and payroll functions with a unified Kronos solution. The solution, deployed in the Kronos Cloud, is also empowering McLendon Hardware team members by enabling them to be more directly involved in their own work-related and HR processes.
- McLendon Hardware uses a Kronos human capital management suite including time and attendance, HR, payroll, and absence management applications, in addition to an attestation tool kit. McLendon Hardware also purchased Kronos mobile applications and Kronos InTouch time clocks for collecting time-worked data from team members. The retailer achieved the cost savings by replacing a previous system with Kronos, saving on service bureau fees and consolidating key processes.
- A long-standing Kronos customer, McLendon Hardware also increased employee engagement by eliminating all paper processes, delivering accurate and timely paychecks, and bringing ease and equitableness to the human capital management processes. With Kronos self-service and mobile features, team members can access their work- and pay-related details including their schedules, accrual, and time-off information from anywhere and at any time, helping them better plan both their work and personal lives.
- The attestation tool kit further helps empower team members as it provides a simple way for them to be engaged in the timecard review and documentation process as they can review, approve, and reject timecards by using various Kronos data collection devices including time clocks, mobile, tablet, and web platforms. This helps team members attest to the accuracy of changes and totals before the retailer accepts the approvals. The attestation tool kit also helps McLendon Hardware manage compliance with various federal, state, and local labor laws.
- The absence management solution has standardized the way all absences - whether planned, incidental, or extended - are managed across the retail operation, removing inconsistencies. This not only improves productivity and increases customer service but also enables compliance with government regulations such as the Family Medical Leave Act and state leave laws.
- By deploying in the Kronos Cloud, McLendon Hardware is always up-to-date and secure with the latest software upgrades. Kronos also performs all configuration, maintenance, and support of the solution, enabling the IT department of McLendon Hardware to focus resources on other priorities.
- Nathaniel Polky, director, IT, McLendon Hardware
"Kronos has proven that it not only focuses on developing superior products but also cares about its customers' long-term success. This makes the Kronos support and services teams just as important to us as the Kronos products that we use. Kronos listens to our desires and delivers accordingly to help us meet our strategic objectives. With Kronos, we not only have a paperless and efficient process that helps us pay our team members accurately every time but we are also able to engage and empower our team members and this is important as the workforce is our biggest asset."
- Charlie DeWitt, vice president, business development, Kronos
"McLendon Hardware is built upon a foundation of superior customer service and understands that happy team members lead to happy customers. It is also a progressive retailer that believes in leveraging technology to help with operational excellence enabling superior customer service through employee empowerment. We are honored to help McLendon Hardware in its workforce initiative."
- About McLendon Hardware.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Subscribe to our workforce management blogs.
- Take a look at the lighter side of workforce management in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is a leading provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos industry-centric workforce applications are purpose-built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions, and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations - including half of the Fortune 1000® - and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day. Visit www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2016 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.