LOWELL, Mass. ,
Kronos Incorporated today announced that MarketSource, a national organization delivering brand advocacy and retail sales support, has selected Workforce Dimensions and deployed its modern, mobile-first employee engagement portal on the Kronos D5 platform, integrating leading communication, workforce management, and routing applications into one solution. MarketSource will be on the main stage at KronosWorks 2018 to detail how its innovative deployment of Workforce Dimensions gives employees everything they need to do their jobs in the palm of their hand – empowering its employees to deliver best-in-class service regardless of where they work.
- MarketSource, an Allegis Group Company serving more than 30,000 unique retail stores, has redefined its employee experience to better address the modern needs of its thousands of full- and part-time retail representatives – predominately Millennial and Gen Z workers – with the launch of a single-sign-on portal, the Representative Engagement Platform, built on Workforce Dimensions.
- MarketSource developed its custom portal on the intelligent Kronos D5 platform, leveraging the open-API framework to layer its own user experience on top of tight-knit integrations from Workforce Dimensions Technology Partners, including:
- Form.com for mobile data collection and task management;
- Passport Corporation for smart routing and geo-location capabilities; and
- Phobio’s Rodio application for workforce communications and collaboration.
- The future-ready features of Workforce Dimensions closely align with the MarketSource mission to engage the next generation of retail workers by creating a culture of innovation – one where technology is leveraged to streamline work tasks, strengthen work-life balance, and attract and retain top talent who expect easy-to-use apps at work.
- Using Workforce Dimensions in the Kronos Cloud for scheduling, timekeeping, predictive analytics, and compliance, MarketSource is gaining unprecedented levels of operational insight to optimize its workforce while empowering retail employees nationwide to work their way.
- Anywhere-access to Workforce Dimensions through its mobile-first user interface empowers MarketSource employees to view schedules, clock in and out of shifts, see PTO balances, request time off, and pick up or swap a shift.
- Collaborative self-scheduling powered by Workforce Dimensions lets workers select where, when, and how often they want to work. Manager approvals are streamlined using artificial intelligence (AI) within Workforce Dimensions to evaluate requests in real time based on preferences, availability, and qualifications, and execute shift changes automatically without manager involvement.
- Managers overseeing remote in-store and field employees have immediate insight into the shifts their people are assigned, while advanced analytics optimize day-to-day workforce operations in real time to ensure that individuals are working proper shifts.
- With its Representative Engagement Platform, MarketSource has improved utilization of its people resources by creating a gig economy-like environment where employees can pick up the shifts that best match their availability and preferred workload.
- For example, a part-time employee working regular shifts in a retail store could pick up incremental hours representing other non-competitive brands or retailers.
- Engaging employees via their digital platform-of-choice (e.g. a smartphone) and through a mobile application mirroring their forum-of-choice (e.g. a social network), MarketSource has introduced best-fit technology that improves work tasks and elevates the employee experience for its multi-generational workforce.
- Michael Christensen, executive vice president, MarketSource
“Our workforce wants an ‘Uber-like’ model – a way to pick when and how they work while leveraging technology to make it simple. But they’d also like the security, organization, and benefits of being employed by a company that puts people first. These are lofty goals, but exactly what we set out to achieve with the development of our Representative Engagement Platform. Integrating key functionality from Kronos and other leading workforce technology companies, we’ve created a seamless combination for our people to operate more effectively. The result is a powerful engagement tool that helps maximize our investment in hiring, developing, and managing every employee. By leveraging current employees to a fuller capacity, MarketSource is well-positioned to take on new business and approach the retail marketplace with greater speed, capacity, and flexibility.”
- Amanda Nichols, industry manager, Kronos
“In both the retail and staffing industries, recruiting and retaining great people is a business-critical need that relies heavily on an organization’s ability to engage and inspire its workforce. MarketSource paved the way for others in the industry by deploying a technology-enabled employee engagement strategy that integrates multiple workforce capabilities into a single employee portal that’s easy and accessible for all. Kronos is extremely proud of the highly engaged employee ecosystem that MarketSource has built on the Kronos D5 platform.”
- Steve Goldberg, vice president and research director, human capital management, Ventana Research
“Kronos is a global leader in workforce management, and with the introduction of the Kronos D5 platform, it is now positioned to become a key player in the platform-as-a-service market for organizations seeking to build an innovative ecosystem for workplace applications and extensions. With MarketSource, Kronos demonstrates it is not just supporting but enabling large customers with complex needs to streamline related workflows and applications into a single, fully integrated user experience designed to engage all relevant stakeholders.”
- About MarketSource.
- Explore the Workforce Dimensions suite and hear first-hand how it is built to manage the workforce of the future.
- KronosWorks 2018 will take place at Aria Resort and Casino in Las Vegas from Nov. 4-7, and MarketSource will be speaking during the opening general session. Register now to access the KronosWorks live stream from your desk or mobile device.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.
- As part of our “Get Social. Give Back.” Campaign at KronosWorks, every attendee who posts a picture on Twitter or Instagram with #KronosWorks will help Kronos build a large mosaic on-site in real-time. Once complete, Kronos will donate $20,000 to The American Red Cross to aid disaster relief efforts.
- Wondering how to engage your workforce? Putting people first isn’t just good for employees – it’s good for business. Kronos CEO Aron Ain shares how we did it in his book, WorkInspired: How to Build an Organization Where Everyone Loves to Work.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is a leading provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos industry-centric workforce applications are purpose-built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions, and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations — including half of the Fortune 1000® — and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day. Visit www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works.
© 2018 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.