LOWELL, Mass. ,
MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions, Inc., a full-service, design-build mechanical contractor, has selected Workforce Dimensions, the next generation cloud solution from Kronos Incorporated, to support organizational growth and augment digital transformation initiatives. Combining industry-best workforce management capabilities with a full suite of human capital management (HCM) solutions, including HR and payroll, MacDonald-Miller is addressing the needs of its multi-generational workforce and creating a modern, connected, and competitive employee experience.
- Serving the Pacific Northwest for more than 50 years, MacDonald-Miller is one of the region’s largest mechanical contractors with 1,000 employees across 10 locations. With Workforce Dimensions, MacDonald-Miller will streamline workforce management processes using artificial intelligence (AI) and advanced machine learning capabilities.
- With real-time, embedded analytics at their fingertips, managers can use strategic labor insights to optimize day-to-day workforce operations.
- Proactive Compliance projects up-to-the-minute timekeeping data to ensure managers are aware of potential Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) compliance risks up to days before an issue surfaces, providing the opportunity to take preventative action and mitigate risk.
- Advanced labor forecasting powered with AI and machine learning will enable more accurate resource planning and drive revenue through improved productivity and customer service.
- With a mobile-first design, Workforce Dimensions empowers MacDonald-Miller managers to run entire operations via a mobile phone or tablet from any job site.
- Deploying powerful HCM technology to automate talent management, MacDonald-Miller will elevate and empower its HR department to set their sights on more strategic and forward-looking business goals.
- Workforce Dimensions features an intuitive, consumer-grade user interface that is fully responsive across mobile phones, tablets, and desktops. Customizable dashboards give employees unprecedented control over how they consume information, while one-click actions simplify common workflows, such as submitting and approving time-off requests, timecard approvals, and the handling of exceptions.
- Workforce Dimensions, powered by the intelligent Kronos D5 platform, is custom-built to process high volumes of workforce management data in real time and integrate with other systems and software applications, such as chatbots.
- Kevin Blum, human resources director, MacDonald-Miller
“Updating our workforce management and HR systems is an important part of MacDonald-Miller’s digital transformation. To be an attractive employer in a competitive industry, we need to give current and future employees the right tools to succeed. It’s expected that an organization like ours will have innovative, consumer-grade workplace technology like Workforce Dimensions, and in light of an industry-wide skill shortage, there’s no room for error when we are recruiting talent.”
- Kylene Zenk, director, manufacturing practice, Kronos
“To be most effective in this era of digital transformation, organizations of all sizes must be able to align labor to demand and give their managers easy, real-time data access to guide strategic decision-making. Enhanced employee communications, mobile self-service features, and streamlined onboarding processes will strengthen MacDonald-Miller’s employee experience. With Workforce Dimensions, MacDonald-Miller is transforming its human resources and operations functions to achieve significant cost savings and incredible efficiencies across many layers of its business.”
- About MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions.
- Read a complimentary copy of Gartner’s full report, “Prepare Yourself for the Future of Workforce Management.”
- Explore the Workforce Dimensions suite and hear first-hand how it is built to manage the workforce of the future.
- Wondering how to engage your workforce? Putting people first isn’t just good for employees – it’s good for business. Kronos CEO Aron Ain shares how we did it in his book, WorkInspired: How to Build an Organization Where Everyone Loves to Work.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Subscribe to follow The Workforce Institute at Kronos for insight, research, blogs, and podcasts on how organizations can manage today’s modern workforce to drive engagement and performance.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is a leading provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos industry-centric workforce applications are purpose-built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions, and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations — including half of the Fortune 1000® — and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day. Visit www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works.
© 2018 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.