Frost & Sullivan has recognized Kronos Incorporated with the 2017 Market Leadership Award based on the North American healthcare workforce management IT market analysis. Each year, Frost & Sullivan presents this award to an organization that strives to be best-in-class in three key areas: understanding demand, nurturing the brand, and differentiating from competition. Kronos earned this award for its clear and sustained leadership in healthcare workforce management in the U.S. for four decades and impressive growth in international markets. With the fundamental belief that greater staff engagement helps retain a high-performing workforce, Kronos offers solutions to health systems that drive workforce productivity for better patient experiences.
- More than 90 percent of U.S. hospitals have some form of workforce management technology in place, and Kronos is the market leader, serving more than 3,500 acute hospitals and more than 10,000 post-acute care organizations. Globally, it has a presence in the healthcare sector across Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, and North America.
- According to Frost & Sullivan, Kronos’ success with health systems is a result of the following:
- A highly experienced healthcare staff that includes a high proportion of registered nurses;
- A future-facing strategy that anticipates and gets ahead of changes in the industry; and
- A simplified, customer-friendly implementation process for all technology.
- Kronos also provides the most comprehensive healthcare workforce management suite of solutions in the cloud. The Kronos suite includes time and attendance, HR, payroll, employee scheduling including nurse; physician; clinician; and periOp scheduling, absence management, workforce analytics, and mobile applications. These solutions deliver strategic value to health systems every day. Examples include:
- The workforce analytics module enables predictive scheduling, improved cost management, and increased labor productivity with more visibility to staffing at all times;
- The patient classification solution more effectively matches human resources to patient needs on a day-to-day basis;
- Customized nurse scheduling incorporates the shift-based staffing approach; and
- An enterprise-wide physician scheduling solution helps minimize delayed time to patient treatment.
- Kronos is also committed to bringing the latest innovation to its customers, requiring minimal IT support for implementation and maintenance. Committed to industry-leading innovation, Kronos offers an industry-recognized cloud platform.
- Currently Kronos is used by more than 30,000 customers, and the company is already exploring new technologies such as employee mobility and self-scheduling that will serve emerging market needs.
- Nancy Fabozzi, principal analyst, Frost & Sullivan
“Frost & Sullivan finds that at the core of Kronos’ growth strategy is continuous innovation in response to changing market needs. Kronos’ keen foresight of impending industry issues and early investment in technologies that address the emerging needs of providers globally is the underlying element of its success. At present, the company sees huge growth potential for its cloud platform. Kronos also understands that both building the optimal solution and achieving market success require close understanding of and interaction with the industry in focus. Kronos also employs a sizeable healthcare-focused staff in comparison to other workforce management software vendors.”
- Susan Reese, DNP, MBA, RN, CPHIMS, director, healthcare practice group, Kronos
“Frost & Sullivan Market Leadership awards recognize organizations for demonstrating outstanding achievement and superior performance in leadership, technological innovation, customer service, and strategic product development. The award truly reflects our commitment to effectively engaging our employees and servicing our customers. It is this dedication that impacts our relentless pursuit of innovation in everything we do. We sincerely thank Frost & Sullivan for the recognition and also extend gratitude to our entire Kronos team who is behind this success.”
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Take a look at the lighter side of the workforce in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
- Follow The Workforce Institute at Kronos for insight, research, blogs, and podcasts on how organizations can manage today’s modern workforce to drive engagement and performance.
- Learn about the Kronos WorkInspired culture and check out Kronos job openings.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is a leading provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos industry-centric workforce applications are purpose-built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions, and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations — including half of the Fortune 1000® — and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day. Visit https://www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works.