LOWELL, Mass., Mar 27, 2018
To streamline physician scheduling across large health systems, Kronos Incorporated has entered into a strategic relationship with Spiral Software, developer of the AMiON physician scheduling software. The integrated Kronos EZCall and AMiON solution will provide a centralized physician on-call list built from departmental schedules, and accessible across health systems by nurses, physicians, switchboard attendants, and other clinicians. The integration will make it easier for entire care teams to gain a holistic view of physicians who are on-call and enable them to take immediate action to reduce time to treatment and enhance the overall patient experience.
- As physicians have varied needs when it comes to scheduling depending on specialty, complexity of treatment, budget, and other clinical support needs, many large health systems rely on multiple scheduling solutions spread across the enterprise. This creates a lack of a single source for physicians who are on-call, causing communication challenges or even miscommunication among care teams.
- The new integration between Kronos EZCall and AMiON allows physicians to engage with a scheduling application that meets their unique needs and enables care teams to see who is on-call across the enterprise in one consolidated and secure place.
- The Kronos EZCall Enterprise Portal available in the EZCall suite breaks down silos by connecting multiple schedules. Available via web and mobile devices, the Kronos EZCall Enterprise Portal is also easily accessible and offers integrated secure messaging, which allows care teams to communicate quickly and effectively.
- AMiON is used by more than 200,000 providers and 9,000 group practices and residencies, in addition to the majority of teaching hospitals in the U.S. Together, Kronos EZCall and AMiON are helping create a unique physician scheduling system by accurately tracking physician time-off requests, vacation and sick days, and flagging scheduling conflicts across the enterprise, and communicating quickly and effectively about these important details.
- Susan Reese, DNP, MBA, RN, CPHIMS, director, healthcare practice group, Kronos
“Have you ever waited for your on-call doctor to answer a page only to learn that he or she isn’t actually on-call? A health system’s use of multiple departmental scheduling applications can result in siloed schedules that create delays and miscommunication, and potentially places patients at risk. The integration between Kronos and AMiON demonstrates a commitment to efficiency so health systems and professionals can deliver optimal care.”
- Stuart Karon, CEO, owner, Spiral Software
“Quality patient care requires coordinated input from multiple specialties. Providers need to know who's covering other services, so they can request consults and admissions. Kronos EZCall and AMiON will make that easy. Our complementary solutions will help build and manage any schedule efficiently and let providers communicate with on-call staff directly from the schedule.”
- About Spiral Software and AMiON.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Take a look at the lighter side of the workforce in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
- Follow The Workforce Institute at Kronos for insight, research, blogs, and podcasts on how organizations can manage today’s modern workforce to drive engagement and performance.
- Learn about the Kronos WorkInspired culture and check out Kronos job openings.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is a leading provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos industry-centric workforce applications are purpose-built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions, and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations — including half of the Fortune 1000® — and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day. Visit www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works.
© 2018 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.