LOWELL, Mass., Nov 20, 2017
Kronos Incorporated today announced that it has once again been named a Top Place to Work by The Boston Globe in the newspaper’s 10th annual employee-based survey project. In addition, Kronos earned top prize in the Massachusetts Economic Impact Award competition from MassEcon, the state’s private sector partner in promoting business growth, for the company’s outstanding contributions to the Massachusetts economy, including its recent opening of a brand new, half-a-million square foot global headquarters in Lowell, Mass.
- Kronos ranked number three in the Largest Employers category, marking the fifth-consecutive year the company has been named one of the top four employers in Massachusetts, where the company is headquartered.
- Not only was Kronos a top three winner in its Largest Employer category, it was the only Massachusetts technology company listed inside the top five of any of the four Boston Globe lists separated by employer size.
- The Boston Globe also featured two stories highlighting the Kronos WorkInspired culture in its Top Places to Work supplement, including an article about effectively managing remote workers and a second about how the company leverages Kronite passion and engagement to build brand ambassadors through social media.
- The Boston Globe Top Places to Work rankings are based on confidential survey information collected by Energage (formerly WorkplaceDynamics), an independent company specializing in employee engagement and retention, from more than 75,000 individuals at 334 Massachusetts organizations. The survey measures employee opinions about their company’s direction, execution, connection, management, work, pay and benefits, and engagement.
- MassEcon’s 14th annual awards program recognized 15 companies in the state based on their job growth, facility expansion, investment, and community involvement since January 2016. Kronos was one of five companies recognized as having Gold status – the highest distinction.
- These two new distinctions join a growing list of accolades received by Kronos for its unique workplace culture and overall success, including:
- CEO Aron Ain was recently featured in Harvard Business Review in an article explaining how the company successfully launched its unlimited vacation policy, myTime, in 2016.
- Ain was also named to Glassdoor’s Highest Rated CEOs list for the second consecutive year in the same month he was honored with the inaugural Ray Stata Leadership and Innovation Award, while Kronos Chief People Officer David Almeda was named CHRO of the Year.
- Kronos was named one of the 2017 Best Workplaces for Giving Back by Fortune magazine, a Best Workplace for Women, and a Best Employer by Forbes for the third consecutive year.
- Worldwide, The Globe and Mail ranked Kronos the eighth best place to work in all of Canada, Great Place to Work India again listed Kronos as one of the 50 Best Technology Companies, and Kronos was named one of the top 20 Best Places to Work in Australia.
- Kronos recently announced financial results for Fiscal 2017 with revenue for the year surpassing $1.3 billion, as well as a revolutionary new platform, Workforce Dimensions, that will reshape the future of workforce management.
- Kronos employs more than 1,500 people in Massachusetts and 5,300 Kronites around the globe. The company is actively hiring with nearly 300 Kronos job openings worldwide.
- Aron Ain, chief executive officer, Kronos
“We have tens of thousands of customers, hundreds of partners, and a brand that leads our industry. None of this would be possible without our incredible employees. You can’t deliver great products and services if you don’t have a workplace culture that engages employees and sets them up for success. I am incredibly grateful to be surrounded by such talent and humbled that Kronos has been recognized again with these distinctions.”
- Katie Johnston, editor, The Boston Globe’s Top Places to Work
“Our winning companies are all in on a secret: Treating employees well isn’t that difficult, and the payoff – increased morale, retention, and productivity – is huge.”
- Susan Houston, executive director, MassEcon
“MassEcon is thrilled to celebrate these companies for their commitment to expanding in Massachusetts. Their investment and job growth stimulate benefits throughout the Commonwealth, and we are excited to publicly honor the achievements of these outstanding corporate citizens.”
- View a timeline of Kronos’ 40-year history of innovation.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Take a look at the lighter side of the workforce in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
- Follow The Workforce Institute at Kronos for insight, research, blogs, and podcasts on how organizations can manage today’s modern workforce to drive engagement and performance.
- Learn about the Kronos WorkInspired culture and check out Kronos job openings.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is a leading provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos industry-centric workforce applications are purpose-built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions, and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations — including half of the Fortune 1000® — and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day. Visit https://www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works.
© 2017 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.