CHELMSFORD, Mass. ,
Kronos Incorporated today announced that Chief People Officer David Almeda has been named the 2017 Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) of the Year in the Innovation category by HRO Today. Almeda was awarded this top honor, along with an additional award naming him a “leader of distinction”, at the HRO Today awards gala on May 1.
- Almeda joined Kronos in 2010 where he oversees the global human resources function, driving the company’s human capital management strategy – including talent acquisition, talent management and development, compensation and benefits, and employee engagement programs – to support the company’s continued growth, innovation, and profitability.
- Under Almeda’s leadership, Kronos has become widely recognized for its unique WorkInspired corporate culture, which focuses on creating an environment of inspiration and innovation where employees grow and thrive while always keeping focused on caring for colleagues and customers.
- This award comes on the heels of several distinctions Kronos has recently received recognizing its exceptional corporate culture. These include:
- Being officially certified as a great workplace by independent analysts at Great Place to Work®. Kronos earned this esteemed credential based on extensive ratings given by its employees in an anonymous employee engagement survey conducted by Great Place to Work. Based on the organization’s assessment, 96 percent of Kronos employees have great pride in the company. Beyond the U.S., Kronos is also recognized as a Great Place to Work in Australia, Canada, and India.
- Being named to the list of 2017 Best Workplaces for Women by Great Place to Work Canada.
- Being named one of the 2017 Best Workplaces for Giving Back by Fortune magazine in conjunction with Great Place to Work. This award recognized the Kronos GiveInspired corporate giving initiative which supports causes that empower the next-generation workforce and gives back to communities where Kronos employees live and work.
- Being recognized as a great place to work by various other organizations including The Boston Globe (for the 4th year in a row), Boston Business Journal (as both a Best Place to Work and one of the region’s Healthiest Places to Work), Forbes, and The Globe and Mail.
- Kronos, with more than 5,000 employees worldwide, is actively hiring and currently has nearly 300 job openings.
- Aron Ain, chief executive officer, Kronos
“Dave joined Kronos in 2010, and in that time, we’ve doubled our revenue – from $600 million to $1.2 billion. That is not a coincidence. Dave is a key contributor to our success in the last seven years and has made HR a strategic part of our business. He has built a team of HR heroes who have helped us create a culture where employees are given the tools to work, live, and give inspired. I congratulate Dave on this award and look forward to continuing to work with him to make Kronos a place that our employees want to come to each and every day.”
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Follow The Workforce Institute at Kronos for insight, research, blogs, and podcasts on how organizations can manage today’s modern workforce to drive engagement and performance.
- Hear Almeda discuss Kronos’ unique unlimited time off program, myTime, on Workforce Institute Radio.
- Take a look at the lighter side of the workforce in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
- Learn about the Kronos WorkInspired culture and check out Kronos job openings.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is a leading provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos industry-centric workforce applications are purpose-built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions, and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations — including half of the Fortune 1000® — and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day. Visit www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works.
© 2017 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.