CHELMSFORD, Mass. ,
Kronos Incorporated today announced that Chief Executive Officer Aron Ain has been awarded the inaugural Ray Stata Leadership and Innovation Award by the Massachusetts High Technology Council (MHTC). The award was presented to Ain at MHTC’s 2017 Annual Meeting held on June 6.
- In recognition of the 40th Anniversary of MHTC, council directors created the Ray Stata Leadership and Innovation Award to recognize technology industry leaders active in Massachusetts who exhibit the key leadership qualities demonstrated by Ray Stata, founder of Analog Devices and co-founder and first president of MHTC. These qualities include:
- Engendering a culture of innovation, empowerment, and mentoring;
- Aligning philanthropy and community engagement with a belief that innovation is the driver of business and economic success;
- Being trustworthy, reliable, and competent; and
- Advocating for competitive public policies and practices to sustain Massachusetts as a best place in which to live, work, and create, operate, and grow high technology businesses.
- Ain has been chief executive officer of Kronos and a member of the Board of Directors since 2005. Since he joined Kronos in 1979, Ain has played a role in nearly every functional department at the company, helping to build what is today a $1.2 billion global enterprise software powerhouse.
- In 2016, Ain was named the MassTLC CEO of the Year and landed on Glassdoor’s coveted list of Highest Rated CEOs in the U.S.
- Under Ain’s leadership, Kronos has become widely recognized for its unique WorkInspired corporate culture, which creates an environment of inspiration and innovation where employees grow and thrive. Recent distinctions include being:
- Recognized as a great place to work by various organizations, including The Boston Globe, Boston Business Journal (as both a Best Place to Work and one of the region’s Healthiest Employers), Forbes, and The Globe and Mail;
- Officially certified as a great workplace by independent analysts at Great Place to Work®; and
- Named one of the 2017 Best Workplaces for Giving Back by Fortune magazine and a 2017 Best Workplace for Women by Great Place to Work Canada.
- Kronos continues to deepen its roots in Massachusetts with the current relocation of its global headquarters to a 500,000 square-foot, state-of-the-art facility across 17 floors at the Cross Point towers in Lowell, Mass.
- With more than 5,000 employees worldwide, Kronos is actively hiring and currently has nearly 300 job openings.
- Chris R. Anderson, president, Massachusetts High Technology Council
“Our 40-year history of impact has been built on the active engagement of technology leaders like Ray Stata who commit their effort and expertise to the advancement of the technology economy in Massachusetts and provide leadership to civic and philanthropic causes beyond their own self-interest. Aron Ain has an exemplary track record of just that type of true leadership and it is fitting that he was recognized as the recipient of the inaugural Ray Stata Leadership and Innovation Award.”
- Aron Ain, CEO, Kronos
“It is humbling to accept an award dedicated to someone I respect as much as Ray Stata. We have shared values dedicated to driving business, innovation, and education in Massachusetts. Ray has always set the pace by the way he built a family-first culture, valuing his team members and caring about their well-being and future. I carry these lessons with me each and every day, and these same core values are engrained in the Kronos culture. Inspired by Ray’s example, we have created our own magic at Kronos and it’s been key to our success. I am honored to receive this recognition, and will always cherish its meaning.”
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Take a look at the lighter side of the workforce in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
- Follow The Workforce Institute at Kronos for insight, research, blogs, and podcasts on how organizations can manage today’s modern workforce to drive engagement and performance.
- Learn about the Kronos WorkInspired culture and check out Kronos job openings.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is a leading provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos industry-centric workforce applications are purpose-built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions, and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations — including half of the Fortune 1000® — and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day. Visit www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works.
© 2017 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.