Kronos Incorporated today announced its sponsorship of Manufacturing Day, an annual celebration of modern manufacturing meant to inspire the next generation of manufacturers. This is among several initiatives that Kronos is involved in toward developing the future generation of the manufacturing workforce including sponsorship of scholarships for students interested in manufacturing careers.
- Kronos sponsors Manufacturing Day each year, an event that aligns with Kronos’ GiveInspired corporate giving program whereby Kronos builds relationships with organizations that embody giving back to communities and investing in the future workforce.
- Also on Oct. 2 when Manufacturing Day will be celebrated, Kronos is co-sponsoring an event with Kronos customer Jabil Circuit, Inc., a U.S.-based global manufacturing services company. At this event, Kronos and Jabil will foster interest in manufacturing careers through interactive and engaging tours of Jabil’s Blue Sky Center, a 100,000 square-foot facility featuring factory-of-the-future technologies, state-of-the-art Internet of Things, and rapid prototyping labs. High school and college students will tour the facility to learn how manufacturing can be an exciting career path for the next generation of science and technology leaders.
- Working with the Association for Manufacturing Excellence (AME), Kronos also sponsors annual scholarships for students interested in pursuing careers in manufacturing through the Dr. Sherrie Ford Manufacturing as a Career Path program. Students who have been awarded the scholarship are enrolled in leading manufacturing related college and university programs.
- Kylene Zenk-Batsford, senior manager, manufacturing practice group, Kronos
“At Kronos, we help thousands of manufacturers across the world engage their workforces for improved business results. The workforce is undoubtedly a manufacturer’s biggest asset and we are committed to raising awareness to demonstrate the exciting career opportunities this industry has to offer. Manufacturing Day offers an effective platform to promote such efforts and we are fortunate to have a pioneer in the industry, Jabil Circuit, to work with on such initiatives.”
- Barbara Morrison, president and chief executive officer, The Association for Manufacturing Excellence
“AME and Kronos have created this scholarship program to help individuals pursue a rewarding career in manufacturing, enabling us to further promote and continue the tradition of excellence in manufacturing.”
- Find full details on the Kronos/Jabil Manufacturing Day event.
- View complete Dr. Sherrie Ford scholarship requirements and application guidelines.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Subscribe to our Kronos workforce management blogs.
- Take a look at the lighter side of workforce management in our Kronos Time Well Spent cartoons.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries - including more than half of the Fortune 1000® - use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2015 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.