Kronos Incorporated today announced a strategic relationship with Press Ganey, which will facilitate collaboration between the two organizations to enable a subset of joint customers to participate in research and analysis. Combining data from Kronos’ Workforce Central® solution and Press Ganey’s National Database of Nursing Quality Indicators® (NDNQI®), the research will assess, measure, and analyze the impact of workforce characteristics and behaviors on both patient and caregiver outcomes such as safety, quality, staff engagement, and turnover.
- Press Ganey’s NDNQI is the only national nursing database that provides reporting of structure, process, and outcome indicators to evaluate nursing care at the unit level, and is used by more than 2,000 facilities and 40,000 nursing units.
- More than 95 percent of Magnet®-recognized facilities submit data to the NDNQI database and use its comparative data to meet reporting requirements, making it the leading performance measurement and benchmarking database for evaluating and improving the quality of nursing care. And with a leading healthcare human capital and workforce management suite in the industry, Kronos brings unrivaled expertise in the collection, automation, and analysis of workforce data. More than 10,000 healthcare providers rely on Kronos to more effectively manage their workforces.
- In addition to this collaboration, Kronos has created an enabling technology that facilitates the process by which Kronos customers can transmit their data to NDNQI.
- By establishing a process for submitting staffing data to the NDNQI database, joint Kronos and Press Ganey customers can experience a reduction in administrative effort to report the data, empowering staff to focus on analyzing performance and implementing improvements.
- Combining the detailed labor data from Kronos’ Workforce Central with the robust staffing, environment of care, and clinical data from Press Ganey’s NDNQI in connection with the parties’ research can yield new and exciting insights into nurse staffing practices.
- Susan M. Reese, DNP, MBA, RN,CPHIMS, chief nurse executive and director, healthcare practice group, Kronos
“Kronos is honored to collaborate with Press Ganey as we further our commitment to improve the quality of healthcare through effective workforce management. Press Ganey has pioneered performance improvement in healthcare, and both Kronos and Press Ganey are passionate about enhancing employee engagement and operational excellence. The analyses of our combined data through this relationship will further expand the evidence and support needed to deliver best practices in healthcare staffing.”
- Christy Dempsey, MSN, MBA, CNOR, CENP, FAAN, chief nursing officer, Press Ganey
“Press Ganey has a longstanding commitment to advancing the quality of care through performance measurement and caregiver engagement, especially within the nursing community. As a leader in healthcare human capital and workforce management, Kronos shares Press Ganey’s commitment to performance improvement. This relationship will help providers gain a better understanding of the relationship between nurse workforce metrics and the delivery of safe, high quality, patient-centered care.”
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is a leading provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos industry-centric workforce applications are purpose-built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions, and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations – including half of the Fortune 1000® – and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day. Visit www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
- About Press Ganey
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Subscribe to our workforce management blogs.
- Take a look at the lighter side of workforce management in our Time Well Spent™ cartoons.
- Learn about the Kronos WorkInspired culture and check out Kronos job openings.
© 2017 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Time Well Spent and Workforce Central are trademarks of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. Magnet Recognition Program® is a registered trademark of the American Nurses Credentialing Center. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.